Victory Southern

s & h

DH and I are cruising the Victory on this schedule. I have been diving long time but DH will be brand new diver. Not sure if he will get advanced before we leave. I do not want to dive more than 2-3 times during week.

We are also going to be in San Juan a few days before and after and will dive some there. Any suggestions on best of this schedule to dive? I tried search but not working properly. Thanks for any and all help.

St Thomas/St John

St Lucia

Barbados

Dominica

Antigua

St Kitts

I too am cruising on the Victory with this itinerary and I plan on diving in St. Lucia and Dominica. I am sure you will get plenty of responses from people that have actually dove these ports, but based on my research, those are the two ports I have chosen.

We're doing this cruise 1/25/09 and my girlfriend is newly certified and we are diving in St Thomas for sure and then in either St Kitts or St Lucia, haven't decided yet. Probably St Kitts since there doesn't seem to be much else that interests us there. Dominica is going to be hiking in the rainforest/mountains to the waterfalls but heard the diving is good there too.

Thanks to you both for the info. I will do more investigation on these sites. I have been diving in Cozumel many times but have never been to any of these places and don't want to get DH into too intense diving right off.

Don't miss St. Lucia. Have never heard anybody say they had a bad dive there, regardless of who they went with. We were enthralled by both the island scenery and the pristine reefs. Last year we dove with Scuba St. Lucia at Anse Chastanet. http://www.scubastlucia.com/ may go with them again this year, haven't decided. The only thing we did not like about their operation was time wasted on a check out dive at the shore. If they would do two boat dives I'd be happier.

I was on the Destiny Apr of this year. I did 4 - 2 tank dives in 4 ports. I hadn't been diving for a few years so I took a refresher course before I left. Did shore dive first.

St Thomas: 2 tank shore dive at Coki Beach. There was only 2 of us for

the first dive and I was alone for the second. 1 Dive master.

Took taxi to beach. $9 each way and they credit you back

$10 if you book direct with them.

www.cokidive.com

Dominica: 2 tank boat dive. Bring water shoes because between dives

they beach the boat and you walk around a small village. 2 dive

masters. One you follow and the other hovers about 20 ft

above the last diver. My favorite dive. They pick up at the pier.

www.aldive.com

St Lucia: 2 tank boat dive. Pick up at pier and about a 20 min boat ride

to the Ti Kaye Resort. They have a package that includes

lunch. Pickup 8 am and return 3 pm. I just paid for the dives

and had a few beers waiting on the return trip. 1 dive master.

Went with Island Divers. My second best dive spot.

St Kitts: 2 tank boat dive. The nicest of all dive boats. Pick up at the

pier. Dive sites are in view of the ships and town. 1 dive master.

On the second dive had another boat from the cruise ship

excursion join us. Made for about 20 divers around the wreck.

Wasn't a real problem.

www.prodiversstkitts.com

Saved about $20 - $40 each day by booking independently. All of the above were professional outfits. Remember they all charge extra for wetsuits, fins, mask and snorkels. Dove twice without a 3 mm shorty and I was fine. Don't forget a camera. Clear water with a lot of photo ops. Had between 6 and 8 divers on boat dives.

Hope this helps

Archived