Coach America - Galveston

bankerbabe

Does anyone care to share their experience using Coach America for transportation between Houston (specifically IAH) and Galveston?

I've researched all of the possible transportation options, and this one seems to be the most economical for us. $66 PP roundtrip.

I've priced out limos, cabs, rental cars, etc. and this just seems to be our cheapest way to go. Sure, it's a non-luxurious start to our vacation, but it's not like we're riding in a train freight car.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I am also a banker in Bellevue, WA and taking Voyager of the Sea from Galveston in March. I posted a question a few days ago but haven't gotten much help from fellow cruisers. I am still thinking about booking ground transportation after the cruise with Royal Caribbean even though it is $45/person. I figure RCL would be responsible for getting us to the airport on time.

We don't actually leave on our trip until March. But the bookmark that I have for Coach America no longer works, and when I visited their web site I noticed that they are no longer offering the transfer to Galveston (or if they are, it's not showing anywhere on their website).

I wound up booking with SuperShuttles, but we haven't used them yet. For our party of six it worked out to be cheaper than Coach America would have been anyway.

I've researched all of the possible transportation options, and this one seems to be the most economical for us. $66 PP roundtrip.

For 2 or more people, the best deal I've found was to rent an "exclusive shuttle" from Super Shuttle. You get the whole shuttle, you can put up to 10 people on it. The price is $100 Hobby-Galveston or $145 IAH-Galveston. I have one of each for our trip April 5.

B

I was wanting to use Super Shuttle for our trip in March also, but I got afraid when I read the bad reviews (waiting for more than one hour, not enough vans to transport all the people).

We booked with Abiding Limousine, but I also got a recommendation for Executive Limousine on our roll call board. After checking prices at Executive, they looked pretty good. You can do a google search to checkout the websites. We are a party of 6.

Has anyone else used these limo services? Their pricing is a little more than Super Shuttle, but cheaper than RCCL and Galveston Limo which seems to be the highest recommended (plus we can't use RCCL because we're not flying in the day of).

For 2 or more people, the best deal I've found was to rent an "exclusive shuttle" from Super Shuttle. You get the whole shuttle, you can put up to 10 people on it. The price is $100 Hobby-Galveston or $145 IAH-Galveston. I have one of each for our trip April 5.

B

Good prices, Browe. I was wondering... how did you make your "exclusive shuttle" reservation? Did you go through their regular reserviation desk.. or the group desk? Is the difference is price because of two different airports, or pick up direction? This might be a better option for our group of 6 too.

Archived