NCL revamping Compass Reward program...

cod

Just received a letter from Bank of America stating that the NCL Compass Reward cc will become the NCL World Points cc as of 2009.

Hmmm, it doesn't say how many points convert to what, just that the new points will cover a multitude of things.

Why do I have the nagging feeling that it won't be as good as the present plan? It sounds a lot like the other cruise line cards which I never thought were up to par with NCL's.

OMG, don't tell me you have a life outside of cruise critic?!?!? I can't imagine it.:D

OMG.. LOL.. you sound like my DDP who has threatened to get me a blackberry so I can keep up with CC when we leave the house so I will want to get out and do more... LOL

I wish! We will be on one in December..the Spirit out of NO. And we just used what looks like will be our last 500 Compass Reward points coupon to help pay for it.

It was just earlier this year that I started charging EVERYTHING on this card to help with this cruise. Homeowners and car insurance, another cruise and EVERYTHING else. We never carried a balance over and the points added up quickly. I guess it was too good a plan to last. We had a 'cash back' card a couple of years ago that was also a good one but it too 'ended'. I'll be looking for something else because, based on what has been explained on another thread, I don't think this new one is very good.

I wish! We will be on one in December..the Spirit out of NO. And we just used what looks like will be our last 500 Compass Reward points coupon to help pay for it.

It was just earlier this year that I started charging EVERYTHING on this card to help with this cruise. Homeowners and car insurance, another cruise and EVERYTHING else. We never carried a balance over and the points added up quickly. I guess it was too good a plan to last. We had a 'cash back' card a couple of years ago that was also a good one but it too 'ended'. I'll be looking for something else because, based on what has been explained on another thread, I don't think this new one is very good.

Cod, just wondering if you are going to be on the same one we are?

Hi ralphinsc,

Yes, I remember your hande(??) from the Member Cruise section. I need to get back over there since we are PIF now and it's a 'done deal'. (Last year we were booked on the Spirit in December '07 but then I "jumped ship" and we did Hawaii instead but there won't be a switcheroo this time).

I am really looking forward to this cruise. We live in Carnival land and our last few cruises have been with them. I like cruising in general and am happy to be going on another NCL cruise, on a ship we'll be on for the first time and from a port we can easily drive to!!

See you on board!

Archived