Croatia???

Heartsome1

I took about £20 worth of Kuna, for drinks & small items. Everything is priced in Kuna. Euro equivalents are given in some shops and all are happy to accept the Euro. I wouldn't suggest taking US$, the price is bumped up somewhat and not all traders will take them.
Pam

If you are referring to a call at Dubrovnik on Carnival Liberty, I don't know if you will be tendering into the Old City, or berthing at Gruz. If directly into the Old City, no, you do not need to to a tour, just get a map and walk the sites for yourself. It is very compact, but does become exceedingly crowded, so having a guide is a bonus if you have never been there before.

If you berth at Gruz, it's a 10 minutes taxi ride to the Old Town. Some people prefer a tour, as then they do not have to use local money or deal with non-english speakers [what's the point of visiting in that case, but some seem so inclined]. Gruz itself is a lovely area to walk about too. There are also many other beautiful parts of Croatia beside Dubrovnik.

Archived