Aurora-Cafe Bordeaux

doglips

Hi,

has anyone sampled the delights of the Cafe Bordeaux on Aurora since it's been 'upgraded' to a Marco Pierre White venue? Are all mealtimes now pay to eat, or can you still get breakfast/brunch/lunch there without it costing extra? I think it's such a shame that they've altered it, but I guess it's all in the name of the great God Profit.

GM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doglips,

I had lunch in Cafe B on Aurora when I was on for the weekend at the end of September and, apart from one 'special of the day' item which attracted a small (£2:50) suppliment it is free to dine there for breakfast, lunch and after evening service hours.

Feebee_71 :)

• 4 weeks later...

We've only recently returned from Aurora and yes we sampled the delights of Cafe Bordeaux on numerous occasions. Far more than planned as unfortunately the dining experience in the Alexandria restaurant can briefly be described, at best, as extremely disappointing.

The evening meals here are prepared to order and there was a good range of choices. The menu itself is changed every 4-5 days and that applies to all the meals. The cover charge is only £4.99 pp and it's worth it.

At different times we had breakfast, lunch and late night drinks/snacks here and found the both the service and quality to be excellent.

This was the standard we'd expected to find from P&O!

We're on the Aurora on the 27th so interested to hear your opinion.

It seems that P&O are only making an effort with the food on the "surcharge meals". We have noticed the standards dropping each time we've cruised -unless when you pay the extra!

It might well be worth using our OBC on Cafe Bordeaux!

Caryl

Archived