Please Help

MRENEE

I Would Like To Thank Everyone For There Help In Planning My Trip To Hawaii I Have Been Watchng This Board For All Most A Year And Leave Tomorrow :) One Quick Question I Have Nothing Planed For The Day We Return And We Have A Late Flight 10:00pm

I Would Like To Rent A Car At The Pier And Return It To The Airport If Possible.

Thank You

You might (only might) be able to get on one of the rental car shuttles at the pier and then find that that company has a car available at either their downtown or HNL location. (Many companies do not shuttle from the pier to HNL, only downtown Honolulu locations.) But you wouldn't know which one to take or what the price might be or whether they would have availability, so I really don't recommend it. Some companies allow you to rent downtown and return at HNL; some charge a drop fee (dumb, IMO). Thrifty is one company that does shuttle from the pier to both their downtown location and HNL, so you might want to check with them first.

There are no car rentals actually at the piers in Hawaii. In all cases (except Kona), you must take a shuttle to the closest (and often only) location, which is typically the airport.

Is there any way you can arrange a rental car for that day in advance (while you're on your cruise)? You might end up with an awful lot of stress on your disembarkation day, especially considering that you'll have your luggage with you.

Have a lovely time!

beachchick

Just thought you might like to know that the Wyland (Outrigger) Hotel is offering day rates across from Waikiki for $109.00. We will be coming from Maui, rent a car at the airport, check in about 9AM and check out about 9 PM. We have a very late flight. This means we can nap, change clothes, leave our luggage, shower if necessary, etc. all at our convenience all day and be well rested and "clean" for our long flight home. Meanwhile, we can also do an outrigger canoe ride, have high tea at the Halekulani hotel, and dinner at the Top of Waikiki. And who knows what else? We are splitting it with another couple so it makes it really a good deal. Bigred

We used easy fly , got on the public bus, got off at the Royal Hawaiian, Ate at Dukes, walked over to the Waikiki Sheraton and booked a shuttle to get us back to the airport! It was so easy!!! We had been to Oahu before so we just wanted a relaxing day before our late flight!

Not sure what you plan to do for the day, but we were in the exact situation in June 2006 with a flight after 10 PM. We rented our car on debarkation day from Thrifty who picked us up in a shuttle bus at the pier area. We chose to do our own circle tour of Oahu, heading east from the airport. I actually ordered a free brochure online from a company offering the tour commercially and used the stops they featured in their brochure to plan our day. We had spent a couple days pre-cruise seeing the sights in Honolulu like Pearl Harbor, and hiking Diamond Head and all along Waikiki Beach. I'm sure I have forgotten some things in more than two years, but our first stop on our circle tour was Haunama Bay where we only stopped just to walk down to the beach area and take photos. Did not swim or snorkel there. Then onward to see places like the Pali Overlook, La'ie Arch (carved in one hour by a tsunami in 1946!), Chinaman's Hat, the Audubon Waimea Falls Park with the waterfall I swam under, all the famous north shore beaches, a shrimp lunch from a shrimp truck, and shave ices at Aoki's or Matsumoto's (the ones with beans at the bottom are great!). We drove all the way to the end of the road, then doubled back to see some of the Dole Plantation - the store and gardens anyway, because it was almost ready to close by the time we got there. Another quick drive-by of the entrance to Pearl Harbor, then a dinner stop for Korean BBQ before returning our rental car and catching the free shuttle to the airport for our flight home. Fantastic day!

Archived