Buying Liquor On Board And Using Question

luvmygirlz

Someone told me the other day that you can buy liquor (rum specifically) on board and pay an extra couple of dollars on top of the sale price and be able to take the bottle back to your room and consume during the cruise.. Now I am fairly new to cruising, but I thought that you could only bring on wine and pay a corkage fee.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Someone told me the other day that you can buy liquor (rum specifically) on board and pay an extra couple of dollars on top of the sale price and be able to take the bottle back to your room and consume during the cruise.. Now I am fairly new to cruising, but I thought that you could only bring on wine and pay a corkage fee.

No, I have never heard of this... but it sure would be nice :D .

You can order from the Bon Voyage department liters of liquor. You must call to do this. They don't have this available on line. It starts at $40 a liter and goes up. You can not take the liquor from the store back to you room. On the last day some ships are allowing you to take back to your room, some are holding it until the evening.

The only way you can do this is on a b2b, On the last day of the first cruise they will deliver your liquor to your stateroom. Now you have your liquor for the second leg. We were on the Freedom in May when a group did this. One couple went on a back to back and bought enough liquor for the whole group to consume on the second week. Wow did they party. Another way is to put your liquor in your checked luggage. We have never done this so I am not sure if they take the liquor from you if you get caught.

The liquor you buy on shops onboard ship is held 'til the final nite. You CAN order selected liquors at least a week in advance, to be waiting in your room, via the Bon Voyage phone number. Cost is around $40 to $60 per Liter. Having said that, I thought I had read that several posters claimed to have purchased a full bottle at the ship's Lounges/Bars, but I'm not sure that claim is credible? ken

Archived