What is the current condition of the area around Houston Space Center??

jillyfish

Thought this may be a good place to ask those who are familiar with the area.

We would like to take a trip down to the Space Center in Houston, the weekend before Thanksgiving, but are wondering if we should put it off until further renovations have been completed in the area.

Originally, before Hurricane Ike, we were planning on staying at Hampton Inn in Seabrook. I have been watching their webpage and they have just put rooms available for the weekends only. I am guessing they are doing renovations during the week.

Can anyone tell me how bad this area is? Also, if you happen to know anything about the current condition of the Hampton Inn at 3000 Nasa Road One, Seabrook I would appreciate it. :)

Our area is doing very well. Still running a bit behind on the trash pick-up and blue tarps are decorating many of our roofs, but all roads are open and traffic signals are working again. By Thanksgiving you probably won't notice that Ike visited us except for the missing trees.

Not sure about the Hampton Inn in Seabrook. Haven't been down that way since the hurricane. I do know, however, that - unless you were one of the unlucky boat owners who found their boats piled like pick-up sticks - overall damage to that area was not extensive. If I get down that way I'll take a look at the Hampton and add a note here.

Thought this may be a good place to ask those who are familiar with the area.

We would like to take a trip down to the Space Center in Houston, the weekend before Thanksgiving, but are wondering if we should put it off until further renovations have been completed in the area.

Originally, before Hurricane Ike, we were planning on staying at Hampton Inn in Seabrook. I have been watching their webpage and they have just put rooms available for the weekends only. I am guessing they are doing renovations during the week.

Can anyone tell me how bad this area is? Also, if you happen to know anything about the current condition of the Hampton Inn at 3000 Nasa Road One, Seabrook I would appreciate it. :)

I will be staying at that Hampton Inn on October 25. I called them on October 1. They are open but the rooms did not have carpet in them then. It should be fine by Thanksgiving.

I will be staying at that Hampton Inn on October 25. I called them on October 1. They are open but the rooms did not have carpet in them then. It should be fine by Thanksgiving.

I decided to give them a call too. I wasn't sure anyone would answer, but they did. Plus I wasn't sure they would give me the whole truth about the condition of the hotel. However, they did say there is no carpet in the entire hotel. Also, he said the exterior wall of the rooms are covered with a plastic sheet???? :confused:

I will anxiously await your return, to hear about your stay.

We are trying to decide whether to run down to catch the Star Wars exhibit at the Space Center, it is only there until the beginning of January or just skip it until better times. :o:confused:

Most everything is up and running there, with a few glitches. My daughter practices soccer several blocks from Space Center, and the lights are not back on at night. It surprises me that so much is back to normal already. It seems everyone has worked very hard to make "normal" happen.

Enjoy your stay!

• 4 weeks later...
Waiting4acruise----- Are you back home yet? How was the Hampton Inn in Seabrook??? :confused:

They are speeding up planned reservations because of Ike. The Hotel did not have any carpet and may not by Thanksgiving. Other than that the hotel was in great shape. We drove down Nasa Road 1 towards the Space Center and everything is back open.

Archived