Grouse Mountain?

As a person who lived almost all of his life at the foot of Grouse Mtn I am awfully inclinded to say yes it is worth it. However, I would temper that by saying don't spend the money unless you can see the top of the mountain because if you can't see that then you can't see the view from the top which is one of the primary reasons you are going. You can also get the view for free by driving up Seymour Mtn or Cypress Mtn on a clear day. With all of that said I would allow a minimum of 2 hours to take in all of the attractions and have a meal at the top.

IMO 2 hours is not nearly enough time to enjoy the top of Grouse Mtn....

Sorry Putterdude...

There are 2 movies/shows that last approx 30 mins each...Then there is the Loggers Show that is another 30 mins approx.... Then there is the Birds of Prey Show.....

Then you can ride the Chair Lift for another scenic view point

Then you can hike some trails

Of course you must allow time to enjoy the 2 Grizzlie Bears who are lots of fun to watch...

Then a meal depends on what you want how long you will take for the meal .. They have everything from fast food to sit down gourmet dinning.....

When I take my Grandsons and head up Grouse we always make a DAY of it...

IMO you can do Grouse Mtn & Capilano Suspension Bridge together in 1 day but that is it.....

IMO 2 hours is not nearly enough time to enjoy the top of Grouse Mtn....

Sorry Putterdude...

No need to apolgize, I did say a minimum of 2 hours; some will spend and hour or so and others will spend several hours or more. You as a resident evidently spend a day at it but not everyone who is visiting can afford that amount of time and still see everything else they would like to see.:)

I may be the best one to answer the OP's questions about Grouse Mt.

I just got back from a hike up there a couple of hours ago.

As to whether it is worth the money that part is really hard to answer as every ones expectations are different. I also have an annual non-skiing mountain pass so the price is never an issue for me.

A 360 degree view, 2 large 700 lbs grizzlies at play, 2 30 minute IMAX style movies, a logging show, a birds of prey show, a short eco hike to a small lake and while not on the agenda an few deer wandering the paths - seeing para gliders take off from the top of Grouse - watching people going by you on the zip line - admiring the dozen or so large wood carvings - what price can you put on that list of activities and then if you are there in late May or early June the added joy of a snowball fight.

I am not a fan of the food on Grouse - at least not the lunch menus - I think they are of only fair quality and over-priced - perhaps the dinner in the more intimate restaurants are better - the sunsets can be outstanding and many people are probably so thrilled at that and the view of the City below that they forget about the quality of the food.

It was clear but cool today so the views were great and there were lots of people up the Mountain.

I find that even when I just go up for a look see or to see Santa Claus in December I rarely am finished in under two hours.

Have you checked out there web site it's

http://www.grousemountain.com

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

You also don't state what time of the year you will be in Vancouver.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived