Where to Catamaran and Snorkel?

navfish

hi there we used Panchito Tours in April when we were in Cabo, great crew, nice boat, lunch and drinks supplied. Motored over to Santa Maria bay (sp?) and had a great time there. You can go to their website and book online, we are planning on using them again this October when we are on the Pride. panchitotours dot com

We just came back last week. We went out on the Yael which is a 44 ft sailboat. It holds 15 passengers so at worst it's still a small group. At best, as in our case, there was just the two of us! It was absoulutely the best excursion we did on our cruise. We got to snorkel out towards lovers beach, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the clarity of the water and the quantity of fish and sealife to see. This is a protected Marine preserve and only the small boats are allowed in there so you won't see the biggies with 30 -50 people snorkling here. The trip included snorkeling and equipment, and then sailing out in the open ocean (awesome!), open bar, chips, salsa, sandwiches, desert all for $57 per person. The boat is owned by Gil Gerard. You can see pics and contact him through http://www.cabosail.com. You won't be disappointed.

Kristy

thanks Kristy. you have become our personal cruise advisor. ;) the size of the ship may be a concern. We are 40 yo but but wife is a little prone to motion sickness. not much but it can make her uncomfortable. we did a catamaran sail before but it wasn't truly open ocean and it sounds like it was a bit larger of a boat. how was this trip on that front? I appreciate the help. Derek

thanks Kristy. you have become our personal cruise advisor. ;) the size of the ship may be a concern. We are 40 yo but but wife is a little prone to motion sickness. not much but it can make her uncomfortable. we did a catamaran sail before but it wasn't truly open ocean and it sounds like it was a bit larger of a boat. how was this trip on that front? I appreciate the help. Derek

Hi Derek,

I get terribly seasick but I found that the scopolomine patches are wonderful! No seasickness not even in rough seas the last night although I have to admit I was worried. Coming back to San Francisco the last night was pretty bad but I hung in there. The day we went out on the Yael I never had a problem. It was the most wonderful day I've had in a long time, honestly. The captain did tell us that there are things he can do to minimize it and someone who sails told me you're better off on a sailboat than some of the other types. I don't know if this is really true but I was fine. It's really a beautiful sailboat built in San Francisco in the 60's I think he said. It's the first time I've ever been able to sail due to my seasickness problem and I loved it. It was peaceful, idyllic, relaxing. I hope your wife can do it, you guys will love it.

Kristy

thanks Kristy. have sent off the booking request. :)

did you ever do a dolphin swim anywhere...something on my wife's must do list and I want to book a good one for her.

does anyone have a recommendation? I hear that PV is good for it.

thanks!

thanks Kristy. have sent off the booking request. :)

did you ever do a dolphin swim anywhere...something on my wife's must do list and I want to book a good one for her.

does anyone have a recommendation? I hear that PV is good for it.

thanks!

I can't help you with the dolphin swim. I did it on the island of Moorea in the South Pacific! It was awesome though. I would start another thread and ask your question about the best port to do this in so others will see it. Good luck with it. I do know that Intersol Tours in Acapulco has that on their lists of tours. You might want to ask them about it too.

Kristy

Archived