Are all street vendors in the Straw Market?

Delta Dear

We are taking our first cruise to attend a wedding in the Bahamas. The ship docks at 11:00 a.m., the wedding is at 3:00 on the beach of the British Hilton, followed by cutting of the cake and a toast.

Because of my husband's health and mobility issues, I don't want to try to 'sight see' an do the Straw Market before the wedding. I see that it closes on Sat. at 5:00 ..

Are there any other places that will be open later than 5 where I can browse and shop for souveniers ? I wish we had more time to move around. Are there vendors on Coco Cay ? We will be on the Sovereign of the Sea.

There will be some vendors everywhere! lol

There will be plenty of shops open in the port area - I have actually seen them cheaper than the Straw Market. There are also street vendors set up in the port area on the way to the Straw Market.

There might even be some on the street by the hotel close to the wedding.

Coco Cay has a few vendor huts set up and then they have shopping from the ship on the island.

Archived