Best snorkel Co. in St. Thomas

jbmm

Has anyone used any of the Carnival snorkel excursions in St. Thomas or St. Marteen? I know a lot of people on here talk about using Godfrey, but I don't see him listed on Carnival's excursions?? I know doing a tour privately is usually a lot cheaper, but like someone else said on here, if you book with a carnival tour, you know you won't have to worry about being left behind! Would appreciate any info you have to offer. Thanks

First I wouldn't worry about being left behind when using any of the companies recommended here. I never heard of any of them not getting you back to the ship on time. Book independently, a lot cheaper and a lot less people. In St Thomas you can always just take a taxi to one of the beaches to snorkel. I did Coki beach in Apr. Scuba not snorkel. Saved lots of $$$$$.

Cruisin 07

You mentioned you went diving at Coki Beach. I have been snorkeling there but have since became a diver. How did you do this? Take the taxi truck there and rent the gear right there on the beach and just go? We are cruising in Nov and will be stopping in St. Thomas again. We are wanting to do some diving in some of the ports but don't want to take all of our gear. Just let me know how you did this that day, thanks!

Okie,

It was real easy. I did 2 shore dives. The deepest was about 45 ft. This was my first port and since I hadn't dove in awhile opted for the shore dives before diving in my other ports. I booked directly with the dive shop and save about $30 from what carnivel was charging. I schedule my dives as early as possible, was there by 9 am. A lot less crowded. There were only 2 of us on the first and on the second I was alone with the dive master. Finished by noon. The company at the time was giving you a $10 credit for taxi fare. Rented all gear from them. Hope this helps.

www.cokidive.com

Cruisin 07

You mentioned you went diving at Coki Beach. I have been snorkeling there but have since became a diver. How did you do this? Take the taxi truck there and rent the gear right there on the beach and just go? We are cruising in Nov and will be stopping in St. Thomas again. We are wanting to do some diving in some of the ports but don't want to take all of our gear. Just let me know how you did this that day, thanks!

I took the local bus to Coki Beach which was about $3. The bus stop is about a half mile away. They drop you off and you have to walk down the road a ways to get to Coki Beach.

I did a shore dive with the Coki Beach Dive Club for significantly less than what Carnival charged. We also visited Coral World which is right next door and snorkeled at Coki Beach.

Mark

Cruisin 07

If you have a few people, can also arrange the taxi with the Coki Beach Dive Club. We went there two times. First time we had 6 people and arranged our own taxi. Second time (this year) we had 7 people, and arranged the taxi through the owner of Coki Beach Dive Club, Peter. Peter is a pretty good guy to deal with.

They have all the gears you need. You can also book boat diving with Peter. He has a small boat. Both times I was the only diver, and he took me out. Some other ops would not go out with only 1 diver. Peter said he's not really making money on the boat dive, but he took my booking so he's taking me out.

If you don't like boat diving, you can of course do shore diving there. My wife and friends did Discovery scuba and enjoyed it. Afterwards we all did snorkeling there.

Archived