What to do with young kids?

FluffyN

Hi,

We will be taking our first cruise 10/24 (NCL Sun) and are trying to decide what to do in the ports. I'm slowly reading through all of the threads and getting lots of good information (the search function seems to be down - or am I doing it wrong?) but if anyone has any top-of-your-head suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Our ports are: Mazatlan, Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. We'll have our 4yo daugter and 2yo son with us so we are looking for things that are relatively low-key, don't require us to lug carseats all over Mexico, and are inexpensive too! I think we'll check out Stone Island in Mazatlan, but I don't have any ideas yet for the other locales.

Thanks for your help!

As a timeshare owner, I have mixed feelings about recommending the Krystal, as I don't like it being so popular with cruisers (no offense, I love to cruise, also, but it is irritating when the chairs and palapas are all filled with those striped towels and you can't get a decent place, especially during college spring break time).

That said, I can't think of a better place to take a 2 and 4 year old for the day. You're close enough to the ship to return if you need to for naps and/or lunch, and there's sand, water, wading pools, even a playground for youngsters. As long as you're buying food/drinks, it's free. We had our 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 10 mo. and 4 mo. old grand children with us last Dec., and they all loved it. The two oldest just this week asked when we could all go back, and of course are disappointed that Nana and Papa are going back by themselves this year!

On the way you pass Soriano's, where you can buy (if you didn't bring some with you) pool/beach toys for cheap enough that you can leave them behind if you won't need them later in the cruise.

Archived