Is this posible?

countryflower

Sure you can pay to go on the tour and not be forced to get into the water, but you don't really have to be a good swimmer to snorkel. You just have to float and with the help of a snorkel vest it is pretty easy to do.

I would find out from the tour company about a reduced rate. My Mom went on a snorkeling tour with me but didn't want to get in the water, she just wanted to come along and enjoy the ride. They charged her I think it was about half the price since she didn't use their equipment, just the cost of transportation. Something to look in to with whatever tour company you go with.

Many people go on snorkeling trips and do not get in the water. Generally the full fare is charged.

I am quite surprised that any operator gave a reduced fare for not getting in the water. The operator's cost is essentially the same regardless of whether you go in.

Every time we've done a snorkeling tour there have been people who've not gotten in the water. We always use Captain Marvin's and their boats have a platform that run the width of the boat. I've seen many people sit on that with their feet in the water and they just watch everyone else. The guides will also bring a stingray to the boat if you'd like to see one up close.

Go and enjoy! It's beautiful out there and you'll get a lot of really great pictures! :)

You don't have to get in the water. But do consider giving it a try though, the salt water makes you very buoyant, plus they will provide you an inflatable vest. Just hang on to the platform at the back of the boat, or the ladder, if you are nervous about drifting away from the boat. If you don't like it, you can hop back in, but at least you gave it a try and you wont regret that.

In regards to the price you would be charged, we'd have to know what tour you are taking, there are several snorkeling tours in GC. Ive used Capt Marvins in the past to go to Stingray City, my boys were a bit scared so they got back on the boat. One of the guides brought a stingray over to show them, they are very understanding and know that people have different levels of comfortability. I have a reservation with them again in a few weeks and I emailed them asking if the price would be the same for my grandma who does not want to get into the water. They told me yes, same price. Reason being that she's still taking the space on the boat. Makes sense.

So contact which ever company you have the tour booked with, they can give you a definite answer.

When we were in Grand Cayman 2 years ago we didn't need to swim. the water was shallow enough that we were able to stand and just bend over to put the mask and snorkel in the water. no need to swim.

We snorkel on every cruise we go on in at at least 1 island. my wife does not like to swim or get an the water. she has never been pressured to get into the water. She has a great time just watching , and she gets some great pictures of me and our friends who are in the water.

What ever you decide I'm sure you will have a great time !! Have fun, thats what its all about!:)

My fiancee loves to snorkel and I always enjoy the boat or catamaran ride. I take a book and read while we anchor and it is paradise to me. Once in Xiahautenaho (probably killed the spelling) They were serving refreshement of adult nature so I even got to have a drink while I watched. I also find it a great time to talk to the crew, and take pictures. In the water or out of the water I think you can have a great time!!!

Archived