What is your favorite Cruise Line?

Grey_Goose

What is your favorite Cruise Line?  

570 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Cruise Line?

I recently cruised with my children on Dawn and because it was a [u]family [/u]vacation, much of our activities were dictated by the kids. I had a great time, but I didnt get to experience as much of the ship, etc. because I was concerned with making sure everyone else was having fun. When my BH and I cruised RCL - Adventure of the Sea, we had a blast, because it was OUR vacation and the ports (Southern Caribbean) were more interesting. So to summarize, thus far I'd have to say RCL-AOS, if its just the two of us. But I am willing to give NCL another chance without the kids to see if my vote changes.

my favorite line is all of them. if i am on a cruise what could be better. you make the most of your vacation. took me a cruise or two to figure it out, just be happy. i am thankful i can go on vacation and might some great people and see some awesome places!

Carnival.....

The Carnival Miracle is a really awesome ship, and that was by far our best cruise. Great food, entertainment, ports, excellent CD, and primo staff.

We sail on NCL Pride of America in June '06, so I will report back. Maybe I will change my mind!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I voted OTHER because neither Windstar nor HAL were on the list.

We enjoyed our NCL trip a lot (especially Fanning Island) but tend to like the smaller ships better.

We find we don't take advantage of very many ship-board activities on the larger vessels and at night we like to sit out under the stars (and sails, when available).

And Freestyle no longer equates to just NCL.

• 2 weeks later...
NCL!

Just came back from an awesome 11 day Hawaiian Cruise aboard the Norwegian Wind. Although the crew was from 54 nations, they were outstanding - hard working, friendly, courteous & eager to make our vacation memorable. We love Freestyle Cruising. It made life so much more relaxing aboard ship.

Will go NCL again next year!

Aloha!

• 2 weeks later...
A few years ago I might have said Celebrity, or even Carnival (which we've sailed on 7 times). But having cruised twice on NCL in the past 2 years, and having noted how special NCL has become with Freestyle and many other innovations, my vote has to go with them. We're presently booked twice on Jewel cruises in November and January, and with the benefits we get with our MBNA/NCL credit card and the NCL Compass Rewards Program, it looks like we'll be sailing NCL many times in the future.

Jack

We cruised 4 times on the Disney Magic, once on Celebrity Century and once on Carnival Ecstacy. I really disliked Carnival; food was not great; ship too glitzy; too young for me--it was a bunch of early 20 year olds raising hell. Disney was great for a little one, but once our daughter reached 7 we were ready for Celebrity Century and man, was it nice; the service impeccable; and she loved their kid's program--was as good as Disney's and I know that is very hard to believe. What we did not like was having to eat in a less than so nice place if you did not want to eat at a given time at Disney and Celebrity and Carnival, so we are really looking forward to our next cruise on the Pride of America, NCL on August 6th. The price was great, as it was for Celebrity and we got a real nice balcony cabin at a great price. Disney is over-rated and over-priced; however, if you have a 3,4,5 or 6 year old who still believes in Sleeping Beauty, Mickey and Minnie, Snow White, etc. Disney brings magic to them. I am guessing since we do not like to get dressed up to eat and since we like to eat when we want to, we will find NCL will surpass all the others we have been on. Also my ancestry is Norwegian, so perhaps Norwegian will be magical for me!

Archived