Mariner Cabin 1694

I am excited to have an aft balcony room since I heard they are extra roomy! My question is will my two girls be sharing a bed(double?)or be in bunk beds? We have only cruised on Disney and aren't sure how RCCL does their bedding. Thanks!

Ashley24 -

I had 1394 on the Mariner in December and it is a mirror image to 1694. There was a sofa with a pull-out bed for the extra passenger(s) but it was SMALL. I hope your girls are small or they get along really well! My 20-year-old stepson had to sleep diagonally on it and he still didn't fit.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until the Radiance

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until the Enchantment

Enchantment of the Seas 5/04

Radiance of the Seas 4/04

Mariner of the Seas 12/03

Voyager of the Seas 06/02

Ashley24 - Just because the stateroom is on the aft doesn't mean it is EXTRA roomy. The Cat. C (Junior Suite) you have is the same size as all the other Cat. C(JS). Just a few of the corner staterooms are extra sized. We have the Cat. D corner that is almost as large as the C (JS).

Another thing about your stateroom is that it connects with the room next door. Sometimes, you can hear your neighbors better (I swore I would never have another connecting room anywhere). Also, because that connecting door takes up space, you may have a smaller closet, vanity or couch than the non connecting rooms. Tylara should be able to answer those questions for you.

If your girls are small, then they will be fine in the sofa bed. Another thing I like about the C (JS) is that there is a bathtub/shower combo which gives you a little more room for bathing. The bathroom is still tiny though.

You Cat. C (JS) balcony will have some obstructions of metal while looking down. You will see other balconies as well with not as much privacy. Tylara can fill you in here also.

Sorry to be a downer,icon_frown.gif but I thought you needed to know. If I had a Cat. C, I would want one that did not connect and was on the side of the ship.icon_wink.gif Are there 3 or 4 of you? If just 3, then maybe one child could sleep with you.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Is this sofa bed arrangement the way it is with all the rooms for 4 people? My girls are used to the bunk beds on Disney and will not enjoy sleeping together. The older daughter (10) is a terrible sleeper who will hog the whole bed! What are some other options with a balcony room?

Sofa beds in all balcony rooms unless you get the Family Royal Suite (they have a separate bedroom with bunks and beds.)

You can have a rollaway brought in for one child, but it could be tight. If you choose this option, I would make the sofa bed up as a sofa to save room and not open it up into the room.

The inside and oceanview staterooms are the only staterooms that I know of that have bunks. We loved the Disney set up!

One other option that my brother, wife and girls have. There are combo staterooms 9676/9681 and 9376/9381 on deck 6 that are connecting. They are a Cat. D w/balcony and connect with an inside with single beds (no bunks). This combo came out almost as cheap to them as booking a Cat. C (JS). WARNING! They are very hard to reserve. Call your TA to check on getting a combo.

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Ashley - Have you seen these pictures of 1394?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/64698740PvPhFP

The pictures are from Bonnie Voyager and Hucc of a Cat. C on the Voyager. The Mariner would look the same with diffenrent colors.

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Does anyone have copies of the Mariner's daily activity sheet? I can't seem to find them using the search feature above. Thanks. We are considering the Mariner and would like to see what the daily activities are while at sea.

I have been in 1694 on EOS and booked it for Navigator. My kids are 7, 10 and 1. There is plenty of closet space, a small tub and shower. You can look down from the balcony onto other balconies, but yours is quite private. Loved having the large balcony. Ordered room service chocolate milk and cookies every night and sat with the kids on balcony. Balcony had 2 lounge chair, a table and regular chairs. I did not hear the neighbors at all.

Yes paying more for the JS rather than D is worth it to us. Enjoy yourself, I am sure one day we will also do the Mariner in 1694.

Can you explain how your children did sleeping on the couch? Did the two oldest ones sleep on that (plenty of room?) and the baby with you or did you get a rollaway? If you didn't get a rollaway, do you think it would fit in the room and then be placed in the closet during the day?

Ashley24 - Could your youngest possibly sleep in the two club chairs if they were front to front? I know our son use to sleep this way in our mountain cabin until he was about 4. He was really tall for his age.

Or, how about bringing a lounge chair in at night and load it down with lots of blankets? I have read here that egg crates are usually available for hard beds as well.

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

After looking at the pictures of this type of room, it probably is likey that the youngest will be able to sleep on the two chairs pushed together...in fact, she will probably insist on doing just that! She slept in a toddler bed this past December at a hotel and thought it was the coolest thing! icon_cool.gif

Archived