Lost luggage on the Dawn

Chanun21

:( Anyone have any experiance with lost luggage on the Dawn? Or other NCL ship? This is my first NCL trip and have unfortuneately been told that they are still looking for the 2 pieces. There are lots of nice things in both bags that anyone would like, so now that we've been at sea for over 6 hours, I'm concerned. Does anyone out there have any experiance with this? Thanks.

:( Anyone have any experiance with lost luggage on the Dawn? Or other NCL ship? This is my first NCL trip and have unfortuneately been told that they are still looking for the 2 pieces. There are lots of nice things in both bags that anyone would like, so now that we've been at sea for over 6 hours, I'm concerned. Does anyone out there have any experiance with this? Thanks.

Did they find your luggage yet? Our luggage on Carnival Legend did not reach our room till after 8 PM the first night. We thought our's was lost too. Had to go to diner in shorts and jeans but then we saw that many many people were in shorts and jeans and figured all the luggage was delayed getting to the cabins.

Hope they found yours! :rolleyes:

I wonder if the bags are being held by he booze police. The one time mine did not show that was the case and I did not get a note. The Cabin steward found it for me.

I have meet people onboard that had to go 7 days with no luggage. It gets old wearing NCL tee shirts.

Hope the bags surface but in any case make the best of it and enjoy the ship.

Do they provide you with money to buy new clothing in ports and give you free clothing and items from the gift shop, when your luggage is lost?

The answer may depend on when it was lost. Last Feburary we walked over to Kmart in St. Thomas with a couple who's luggage was lost by the airlines. NCL had given them a couple of items but no $. They were going to have to keep the receipts and work with the airline and the travel insur. company.

A LOOOooooog time ago, perhaps 11 or 12 yrs., on the Sea, our luggage was "lost". Only one piece. NCL gave us $400.00:eek: to purchase anything in the gift shop. I think those days are long gone:( They even told us to make sure we spent it all because if they found our luggage we would be cut off. Our bag was airlifted to St. Thomas and was in our room the next day.

Hey gang, thanks for all the input. They finally found my 2 pieces of luggage, although they kept asking me if I any "bottles of any kind" in the bags. I did have 2 large and nasty looking dive knives in my scuba gear bag, but that was not a problem apparently. I don't know when they dropped it off, since my teenage daughter, who thought she was doing us a favor, took the 2 bags and slid them under one of the beds! So the last hour or so they were in the room! DUH!!!! I immediately notified the reception desk, who already had a poster of the bags and my name to help with the search. For those who asked, NCL never gave up since I watched the porter take my bags, ansd they also gave me a t-shirt and toiletry kit while they searched. Great day out here on the water BTW. Thanks for all your replies and well wishes. You too Ruthann.;)

Princess cruise line lost my bags a few years ago for my 25th wedding anniversary. They could have cared less and gave me $50.00 to buy something in the gift shop. What does $50.00 buy? Nothing. We finally located our bags ourselves (it was when the cruise line picked up bags at airport) they had been left in airport. We arranged they be flown to St. Thomas so I finally got them 3 days later and past my anniversary. Needless to say I won't sail Princess again.

Well it's a good thing that you got your bags but of all people, you. I should have known it was you with the way your post was worded. I don't know if you will log back on and check this site so if you do I just want to tell you to enjoy the rest of your vacation and can't wait to hear about it and your first cruise when you get back.

Archived