Champagne in NCL suites? (& Courtyard sodas)

misscongeniality

Hi everyone! I haven't posted a great deal but I'm a bit of a lurker, getting ready for my second cruise ever on the NCL Gem (my last cruise was nearly a decade ago on Celebrity's Millenium; not my style, alas)

Here's my question: I'll be in a courtyard villa for my upcoming cruise, and I've read in numerous places that there will be a complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival. I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what brand they've received? I'm not particularly fussed about differences between different labels, it's more for curiosity's sake. (eta: I should mention I'm talking about the bottle of champagne in the suites rather than the embarkation toast glass)

One more thing- I've also read that soda cans are available in the courtyard. Does anyone know if they're replenished frequently enough to use them as an actual source of soda, or is it wiser to bring my own/get the weeklong sticker deal thingy? I'm such a caffeine addict, and I don't drink coffee, so I tend to have Diet Coke morning, noon, and night!

Thank you all so much :)

Hi everyone! I haven't posted a great deal but I'm a bit of a lurker, getting ready for my second cruise ever on the NCL Gem (my last cruise was nearly a decade ago on Celebrity's Millenium; not my style, alas)

Here's my question: I'll be in a courtyard villa for my upcoming cruise, and I've read in numerous places that there will be a complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival. I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what brand they've received? I'm not particularly fussed about differences between different labels, it's more for curiosity's sake. (eta: I should mention I'm talking about the bottle of champagne in the suites rather than the embarkation toast glass)

One more thing- I've also read that soda cans are available in the courtyard. Does anyone know if they're replenished frequently enough to use them as an actual source of soda, or is it wiser to bring my own/get the weeklong sticker deal thingy? I'm such a caffeine addict, and I don't drink coffee, so I tend to have Diet Coke morning, noon, and night!

Thank you all so much :)

The champagne Is "Mums" 750 ml. As for the canned soda I don't know, haven't been upgraded to courtyard suite yet but working on it. lol

Hi:

they no longer have cans in the courtyard and concierge lounge area. Depending on who you speak to and who your butler is, you MAY be able to get your soda cans/water replenished on the sly... we never paid for a can or bottle on our last cruise ( December) but it seems from the boards that things have tightened up iin the CV's. I would plan on bringing a few of your own if you don't wnat to pay the 3.50 a can. I know I am gonna run to Walgreens the morning we board and grab a couple of sizx packs- hard to have the soda handy when you are flying in!

Excellent, thank you so much! Nice to know about the champagne, and great to know ahead of time about the cans- I take my soda first thing in the morning when my partner has coffee, so I'll make sure to bring a couple bottles with me to get me through those horrible, horrible mornings waking up to the Bahamian sun ;)

Archived