No idea what to do next...

vowsatsea

My fiance and I booked our ceremony for embarkation day aboard the May 24th sailing of the Caribbean Princess. Aside from booking the actual ceremony, I have not done a single solitary thing since I booked the ceremony (in March!). All of my guests are non-sailing, and we're looking for a 1 1/2- 2 hour reception. How do I go about adding food, flowers, DJ, etc? Do I do this through TWE or can I do it directly through Princess? Is there a price difference? And what are the differences of doing it through Princess and doing it through TWE?

Please help...I'm totally lost on this =(

Sabrina,

Since you are having an embarkation day wedding and all of your guests are non-sailing, you definitely have to book this with TWE, and the sooner the better! You don't have the option of using an outside wedding coordinator, TWE is the only one who can set this up for you on the ship. I would suggest calling them asap to book those things, as other brides may have booked all the available reception slots already - there are only so many available per cruise. TWE should have sent you a price list for the rest when you book the ceremony, but if you didn't get anything from them, then definitely call.

Flowers, though, should come with the ceremony package you purchased back in March.

I would definitely suggest you do this as soon as you can, so you don't get an unfortunate surprise when you finally do call!

Good luck with your planning!

-Emily

Thanks Emily and Fantasy_Bride

I would definitely be in deep you-know-what if I called to book the reception and everything was booked. TWE did send me an information packet via email, but I was told many of the prices have changed. I think I will dig out my wedding folder, and make the call tomorrow to TWE and book what I can. I'm crossing my fingers that everything I want is available.

The nice thing about cruise weddings is you don't have to do much work, but you do need to make those few calls to ensure that you get the little extras that you want for your wedding. We were fortunate that we booked everything two months out and got everything we requested. Good luck and happy planning! :)

Definitely call TWE ASAP and give them an idea of how many people you are planning on inviting and how many you expect to attend. Let them know you want at least 1.5 hour reception and ask them what your options are. If you want a DJ, reserve it now! You might have to put down some money to be able to "hold" reception space. I would imagine that there is another wedding on that day already booked since May is very a popular month in NY to get married. So act now! Ask to speak to Jackie or Charlotte and they will take care of you. Don't worry, you should be able to get everything you want just be proactive and do whatever you can to make sure the space and time will be available. Good luck!!

OK, so I called and spoke to someone named Alexandra. I told her I wanted to book the reception, food, DJ, flowers, and all other extras. She told me that it has to be done through forms and that I can't do it over the phone. She emailed me with three attachments. I'm a little confused because the forms she sent have nothing to do with the reception and/or extras of any kind. One consists of the wedding agreement, which she wrote I don't have to send because I already did, the form where you fill in the guest list, and two forms regarding the marriage license, which we don't need because it will be a symbolic ceremony. I emailed her back to find out if she made a mistake or not.

Is there something I'm missing?

Yes, they should have sent you another form. I think Alexandra might be new. I know some of the girls that work in Princess (at least I think they still work there) and I will ask one of them contact you Sabrina. Hold tight!

Wow, I don't know if you ended up speaking to them or not, but either way, thank you! Shortly after you posted this, Charlotte sent me an email saying that she wanted me to contact her about booking the reception. I called her, and she was on lunch, so I'm anxiously awaiting my call. Thanks again! :D

Wow, I don't know if you ended up speaking to them or not, but either way, thank you! Shortly after you posted this, Charlotte sent me an email saying that she wanted me to contact her about booking the reception. I called her, and she was on lunch, so I'm anxiously awaiting my call. Thanks again! :D

No problem Sabrina! I'm glad I can help. I have some close friends that work at TWE and I am always willing to do what I can to help out. Let us know how it goes!

OK, so I called and spoke to someone named Alexandra. I told her I wanted to book the reception, food, DJ, flowers, and all other extras. She told me that it has to be done through forms and that I can't do it over the phone. She emailed me with three attachments. I'm a little confused because the forms she sent have nothing to do with the reception and/or extras of any kind. One consists of the wedding agreement, which she wrote I don't have to send because I already did, the form where you fill in the guest list, and two forms regarding the marriage license, which we don't need because it will be a symbolic ceremony. I emailed her back to find out if she made a mistake or not.

Is there something I'm missing?

ROFLMAO

Nope! You're not missing a thing!!! :D

They aren't called "The Wedding Experience" for nothing!!!

No problem Sabrina! I'm glad I can help. I have some close friends that work at TWE and I am always willing to do what I can to help out. Let us know how it goes!

I can't thank you enough hollidaygal!

Charlotte called me back, and was extremely helpful and pleasant about everything. She reserved everything I asked for, and I promptly had the bridal receipt in my inbox within a half hour. Everything that was so confusing to me before is now entirely sorted out, and for the first time since I booked this wedding do I finally feel like I know what I'm getting. :D :D

I can't thank you enough hollidaygal!

Charlotte called me back, and was extremely helpful and pleasant about everything. She reserved everything I asked for, and I promptly had the bridal receipt in my inbox within a half hour. Everything that was so confusing to me before is now entirely sorted out, and for the first time since I booked this wedding do I finally feel like I know what I'm getting. :D :D

:cool: Glad things worked out! Now you can relax and enjoy the next several months. Take care!

• 1 month later...

hey hollidaygal...can you email me? i'm having issues and really might need a friend on the 'inside' ;) thebigday1010 at gmail

i'm not really new here. been lurking for quite some time but my old screenname wouldn't let me post so i had to make another one. i'm not too good with this forum stuff. lol

hey hollidaygal...can you email me? i'm having issues and really might need a friend on the 'inside' ;) thebigday1010 at gmail

i'm not really new here. been lurking for quite some time but my old screenname wouldn't let me post so i had to make another one. i'm not too good with this forum stuff. lol

No problem. I will e-mail you now...

Archived