Question - Western Carribbean

cwiggi1

Hello,

First time poster here and first time cruiserer so I hope someone can help me out. I will be going on a cruise in December (NCL) to Costa Maya, Belize, Santo Castile Guatemala and Cozumel. My question is: do you have to do a shore excursion at every port? What if I just want to go and lay out on the beach? Do I have to take a tour to the beach or can I just get off the boat and go to the beach?

Thanks

I would suggest going to the individual port of call threads for each of the ports you will be visiting. Of course you don't need to do an excursion at each port and most ports have taxi's readily available, but if you will do some homework on each of the ports you will find valuable information on what the best beaches and how to avoid some downfalls! For example in Grand Cayman many people don't realize that you must allow adequate time to get back from 7mile beach (one of the most popular) or you risk missing the ship! Coz has some great beaches and there are many threads about some options--have fun planning!

I agree with arlodog. It may be cheaper to find a private tour company to take you to a beach. Most tours only allow you a couple hours at the most. If you have a large group, then you can probably rent a van and have them take you wherever you want to go. Most ports, unless it's a private island doesn't have a really nice beach next it.

Archived