Confused...Please help

emen822

I currently have two rooms booked on the AOS for next April but I'm thinking of switching to the Mariner out of LA. I read on another link about a sale happening this Thursday and the sailing that I'm looking at is listed. Here are my questions that hopefully someone can help un-confuse me :o :

I used a nextcruise reservation on one of my rooms on the AOS. If I'm reading the fine print correctly for the sale on Thursday, I can't use a next cruise for this reservation. Is that right? So if I cancel my nextcruise altogether, do I lose out on that $100 OBC?

Or if my sailing is listed on the Tuesday promowave, can I switch my nextcruise reservation on the AOS to the Mariner?

Whether I book the cruise today as part of a promowave or Thursday as part of their sale, can I get a price adjustment if it goes lower?

I'm hoping that I can transfer my deposit for the 4 of us to the Mariner. Is that possible?

Sorry for all the questions and hopefully someone can help me. :eek: TIA!

I currently have two rooms booked on the AOS for next April but I'm thinking of switching to the Mariner out of LA. I read on another link about a sale happening this Thursday and the sailing that I'm looking at is listed. Here are my questions that hopefully someone can help un-confuse me :o :

I used a nextcruise reservation on one of my rooms on the AOS. If I'm reading the fine print correctly for the sale on Thursday, I can't use a next cruise for this reservation. Is that right?

Dont know. I would think that you could but, since you ask, maybe I dont know what I dont know....

So if I cancel my nextcruise altogether, do I lose out on that $100 OBC?

Yes. always push a nextcruise reservation forward to another cruise, even if you really don't intend to sail on the "other" cruise. Pick a 2/3 nighter, so that the deposit is small, and pick a sailing date that is far in the future so you dont get caught in final payment time. then, when you are ready to pick a real cruise to go on, transfer the bogus reservation to the real reservation.

Or if my sailing is listed on the Tuesday promowave, can I switch my nextcruise reservation on the AOS to the Mariner?

Whether I book the cruise today as part of a promowave or Thursday as part of their sale, can I get a price adjustment if it goes lower?

Yes, always

I'm hoping that I can transfer my deposit for the 4 of us to the Mariner. Is that possible?

Yes, absolutely, you are going to transfer the reservation - everything is propogated forward.

Sorry for all the questions and hopefully someone can help me. :eek: TIA!

Hopefully I helped

Next cruise can NOT be combined with the thursday sale! Do NOT cancel your next cruise cruise because you will lose the original deposit that you paid for the next cruise (hopefully that makes sense) only transfer it by keeping the SAME booking number.

Next cruise can NOT be combined with the thursday sale! Do NOT cancel your next cruise cruise because you will lose the original deposit that you paid for the next cruise (hopefully that makes sense) only transfer it by keeping the SAME booking number.

Thank you. So if I did cancel it outright, I would lose the $100pp deposit and not the full $250pp? I'm trying to avoid that but my next cruise (after the one in 2009) probably won't be until Alaska 2010.

Does the same apply to the Tuesday promowave sales (meaning can I use the NextCruise for that sale)? (Although I just checked again and it still has last weeks date on it.)

Thank you. So if I did cancel it outright, I would lose the $100pp deposit and not the full $250pp? I'm trying to avoid that but my next cruise (after the one in 2009) probably won't be until Alaska 2010.

Does the same apply to the Tuesday promowave sales (meaning can I use the NextCruise for that sale)? (Although I just checked again and it still has last weeks date on it.)

]

Promowaves while the usually come out on Tuesday are good UNTIL the next one comes out, not limited to only Tuesdays and yes the promotions on there like residency, senior, military etc are combinable. That sale on the Tues ONLY is the Sales event and here is the link for that. http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

If you cancel the other cruise out right you would lose the 100$ from the next cruise but not the 250$ pp you deposited with. TRANSFER it to some random 3 day cruise as far out as you can which would be early 2010 right now and as soon as the Alaska cruises come out transfer it to that. You do NOT need to lose that money, just have to play the game. LOL

]

Promowaves while the usually come out on Tuesday are good UNTIL the next one comes out, not limited to only Tuesdays and yes the promotions on there like residency, senior, military etc are combinable. That sale on the Tues ONLY is the Sales event and here is the link for that. http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

If you cancel the other cruise out right you would lose the 100$ from the next cruise but not the 250$ pp you deposited with. TRANSFER it to some random 3 day cruise as far out as you can which would be early 2010 right now and as soon as the Alaska cruises come out transfer it to that. You do NOT need to lose that money, just have to play the game. LOL

Thank you so much! I did not know that about the Promowave. I have been checking it all day because the cruise that I'm interested is on there since last week! Now I don't have to wait. :D

I have another next cruise that I haven't used yet. Are you saying I can use that with the Promowave by keeping the reservation number? And can I use my c&a savings certificate and platinum discount as well? TIA!

Thank you so much! I did not know that about the Promowave. I have been checking it all day because the cruise that I'm interested is on there since last week! Now I don't have to wait. :D

I have another next cruise that I haven't used yet. Are you saying I can use that with the Promowave by keeping the reservation number? And can I use my c&a savings certificate and platinum discount as well? TIA!

You can get the promotions that are on the Promowave like residency etc and they can be combined. You would have to book with next cruise booking number. Platinum discount is combinable but I am unsure with the Next cruise and the c & a as I think they are no longer combinable you have to read the fine print on it

First read this:

For new bookings made or converted on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with promotions or offers that include onboard credit.

In the event that two offers or benefits are available on any one reservation, you may choose which onboard credit you prefer. Unless you specify otherwise, Royal Caribbean will issue the onboard credit with the higher value. This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

Please feel free to visit our Investor Relations website: www.rclinvestor.com for further details.

Then as Sue has said, as long as you keep the same booking number which was made before 15 October, you keep all OBCs you had.

However you do it, keep the same booking number(s) and transfer as needed.

Archived