Chinatown to Brooklyn - Best Way?

mollyanne

Question for our Brooklyn experts - please?

We will be staying overnight next weekend at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott before we leave on the CB repo. Our son wants to come from Boston on the Fung Wah bus and meet us for our overnight. The bus leaves them at 139 Canal Street in Chinatown. What would be the best way for him to get to Brooklyn? I have already googled a walking map - only 1.9 miles - but I'm wondering if the area would be safe for walking? Sorry, know nothing at all about the area.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Question for our Brooklyn experts - please?

We will be staying overnight next weekend at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott before we leave on the CB repo. Our son wants to come from Boston on the Fung Wah bus and meet us for our overnight. The bus leaves them at 139 Canal Street in Chinatown. What would be the best way for him to get to Brooklyn? I have already googled a walking map - only 1.9 miles - but I'm wondering if the area would be safe for walking? Sorry, know nothing at all about the area.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

During the week there is a bus that goes over the Manhattan Bridge and stops by Brookyn's Boro Hall(across the street from the Marriott. Its $2.00 exact fare coins only.... The Bus leaves just south from where the Fung Wah bus stops in fornt of Confucious plaza....They have a sign I just forget which bus it is(51). You can get the info at http://www.mta.info I belive http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/busbkln.pdf

also you can catch a yellow cab(taxi) which picks up street hails . the cost should be between $10-15....

I would try to catch one headed in the direction for the bridge....this is not an area to make a u turn or go around the block

Archived