Helmet Diving

hollywig

Hi All-this may be a little "wussy" for all you dive people out there but my daughter and I were looking at a Helmet Diving excursion in St. Maarten-we are too afraid to try SCUBA and they advertise this activity as kind of safe walking underwater about 20 feet down. Anyone ever try this-is it at all scary or clautrophopic? I'm in really good shape at 62 and my daughter is a STRONG 29!

Thanks for any info you might have! Oh-we're on the RC Freedom of the Seas Nov.30-Eastern Carib

We did this in Cozumel on our first cruise, it was a lot of fun. I did not think it the least bit scary or otherwise. You go down a ladder (we were at Chankanaab Park) and as soon as it's just your head sticking out of the water, they put the helmet on you and you quickly go down under the water. Not as fun as scuba diving :-) but still a BLAST! I think you will enjoy it, have a great cruise!

Archived