Airport to Port transfers question

travelgirl04

Sailing on the Glory in 2 weeks out of Port Canaveral. The transfers through Carnival are affordable, but the website says the earliest flight departure out of MCO is 12pm. What does this mean for us(our flight is 11am)? Can we not use Carnival's transfers? And if not, can anyone recommend the best alternative? Taxi? Another shuttle company? Help!

:)Thank you!

you can still use the carnival transfer - but you'll have to wait until 12pm or until they otherwise have enough people for a trip.

after getting your bags, etc. - expect a 30 min or so wait, which isn't that bad. we didn't get in until about 2PM and still had to wait about 20-30 mins.

I am concerned about my flight going home, not arriving. I can easily book us through Carnival one way to the port. However, Carnival's website says they only book transfers for those flights departing from MCO after 12. Since our flight is at 11am, I am not sure what I can do or who I can book a transfer back to MCO with.

I would without question take a taxi. It might cost a bit more but there are usually plenty of taxis waiting at the port when people on the ship disembarks and I've heard nightmare stories of being packed in a small shuttle bus with others and you'll have to wait until the shuttle fills.

A taxi is always so much more convenient for us.

With that early of a flight from MCO you willl need to either get a taxi or a private shuttle service that you arrange in advance. You definitely do NOT want to even attempt cruiseline transfers.

A taxi is going to cost you a lot, we went with CB Shuttle which was VERY unorganized but reasonably priced. The ship offers early disembarking if you show them your itinerary so getting off wont be an issue. Try to visit the homeports thread to get info on shuttles from port to MCO.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

When we got off the ship there were dozens of shuttle companies in front of the port heading to MCO. It's going to be cheaper than a taxi :)

Archived