Don't miss... on the Inspiration

cruisefool12

HI,

I'd say don't miss the water slides! We waited til the last sea day and was sorry I didn't do it before. My boyfriend and I did both slides and loved it(we're 47 and 50 yrs old too!)

All the shows are great and the adult comedy shows are hysterical. They do get a little raunchy but still funny....just don't sit in front unless you can take the heat!:D

Loved the piano bar late at night. And of course room service for some sandwiches such as the BLT and there was a wrap of some sort(sorry can't remember) but think it was chicken that was really good too.

As you can tell I liked just about everything.

Jane:)

PS.....I have a review on the review boards too.

We were in the Carnival Inspiration on 10/11/08. We just got back. Go to the Captains reception. Lots of free drinks! Don't expect much from the Captain. He is very hard to understand. He will go onstage, introduce the officers and disappear. You may see him doing walkthroughs with officers though. The cruise director Risa is quite brash and loud. Try to eat at the regular times. Even though the "Brasserie" is open all day, there is little to be found in between meals except some burgers and hot dogs. Even though it's 24 hours, Pizza can be hard to get as well. You will likely have to wait a while. We did quite often. Try to get seating in the Mardi gras dining room. The Maitre 'D, George the Greek is a show unto himself. The Maitre 'D in the Carnivale dining room "Wilson" is rarely seen. We only saw him once. The "Welcome Aboard" show in the Paris Lounge is a big cheesy advertisement for Carnival Lines. We wished we had skipped it. Go to the show on the last day at sea though. It was good. There is no Supper Club on board. We found that out after we got aboard even though we had reservations for a dining room that doesn’t exist. Fair warning though. The food leaves a LOT to be desired. We were extremely disappointed with the quality, quantity and lack of availability of the food. Understand that we weren't looking for 5 star quality food in the dining rooms, but we expect something at least as good as a Ruby Tuesday or Applebee's. Try and find the midnight buffet that's supposed to be in the Mardi gras room. We never saw it even though we were looking for it and it was never mentioned in the Capers. The excursions were fantastic. In the Caymans we went on the Stingray City, Hell and Turtle Farm excursion. We were impressed with all three places. Stingray city the most. I even caught a baracuda on the way back. Could not have had a better time. In Mexico we went to the Ruins at Tulum. Our guide, Angel, was awesome and very informative. We learned a lot and saw the most amazing place. I guess you can say it's the places you go and not necessarily the trip there. The cabin steward was great and called us by name and left us towel animals that our daughter loved. She loved the Camp Carnival too. I was able to get a good deal at the art auction. I collect signed memoribilia and I got a great deal on a signed cartoon cel. The sports memorbilia is overvalued by as much as 30 times and is a total rip. The auctioneer is apparently in love with the artist Peter Max because that was practically all he was pushing. He also had a ringer in the audience to drive up the prices. The ringer backed off when I started to balk. The ringer bid on everything someone else bid on.

Good luck and have a good time!

We were also just on the Inspiration on October 11th, and had a great time! I must disagree with the previous poster... my husband and I found the food to be excellent in the dining room and very good on the Lido deck and in the Brasserie (sp?) as well.

The shows were great too. I agree about the Latin themed show the last night...very well done. We also enjoyed the free drinks at the Captain's reception and at the Past Guest Party.

Inspiration Boulevard is a great place to grab a drink, sit in a window seat in the evening and do some people watching. There were many entertaining individuals aboard! :)

Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Archived