BA or AF Room Choice? Preference?

Happy2bCrews

In the planning stage for a trip on the Dawn and while I've stayed in a AF Suite on the Jewel is it really worth the extra money over a Balcony Room? Are the balcony rooms that much smaller? Any difference in the sizes of the balconies. Don't really care about the tub vs shower. What's your recommendation if you have experienced both rooms. Thanks

Cheers

Pam

In the planning stage for a trip on the Dawn and while I've stayed in a AF Suite on the Jewel is it really worth the extra money over a Balcony Room? Are the balcony rooms that much smaller? Any difference in the sizes of the balconies. Don't really care about the tub vs shower. What's your recommendation if you have experienced both rooms. Thanks

Cheers

Pam

Take the mini-suite. The living space AND the balcony is bigger (deeper) in the mini. There is also a small table for two with two chairs next to the fixed table your coffee-maker is on. It comes in handy.

You may not care about the tub, we didn't either, but the bathroom is deeper in the AF, which makes the toilet area a bit more comfortbale as well.

We had a BB (same size as BA) our first cruise and an AF last time around. The AF is definitely worth the extra money.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Cheers

Pam

I was in a balcony on the Dawn and a mini sute and if I was going to go on the Dawn again....i would stick to the balcony. The suites are noisy because they are on the top floor mostly under the pool.

I was in a balcony on the Dawn and a mini sute and if I was going to go on the Dawn again....i would stick to the balcony. The suites are noisy because they are on the top floor mostly under the pool.

We were in 11622 and had no issues at all with sounds or noise from above. I wouldn't book right under the pool area although I've read those cabins are usually pretty quiet as well.

Happy Cruising! :)

The other difference between a balcony and a mini suite is the mini has a curtain that can be drawn around the bed if one or the other likes to sleep in.

PE

That and about 75 square feet inside and a larger balcony outside that can make a big difference especially if there are more then 2 in the cabin. That extra room and the true double sofa make access to the balcony easy when the sofa is made up. .

Archived