Was there an itinerary change on Mariner last week (10/12)?

DonnaK

There's a comment on the current captain's thread about how well Captain Per handled the itinerary change this past week.

What was the change, and why?

(Please forgive me if this has already been asked/answered, but the search is not working, and I went back to page 7. This is the first I'm hearing of the change, and I'm on the boards regularly.)

Yes, we were on the October 12 Mariner cruise. Very rough seas and high winds on Monday night, leaving CocoCay, Bahamas, and into Tuesday afternoon. Lots of people sick. At noon on Tuesday Captain Per announced the change in itinerary to Grand Cayman and Cozumel because of Hurricane Omar, and due to the ports at St Thomas and St Maarten closing prior to our scheduled arrival. Once we changed course, the winds and the seas calmed tremendously. There were a few disgruntled folks but most passengers understood and were grateful to not sail in 20-25 ft seas. Captain Per made the right decision. We did not let the itinerary change affect our cruise. Any cruise is a good cruise!

We were also on the Mariner. The captain handled everything very very well. We were also alittle disappointed with the change since we did the Western Caribbean last year...but we were also grateful not to sail in 20-25 ft waves. That is the chance you take by crusing during hurricane season..

Captain Per is awesome. :D :D

Also on this cruise and thought it was handled very well. Captain Per was immediately out and about after his announcement and went up to my dh and apologized! He told him we just wanted to be where there was sun and alcohol as we were on vacation!

I will say the Captain was the most visible of all I've sailed with. VERY nice and personable!

Archived