Tiping on the QV P3

rentals1

Hi All.

Althought this is my first time on this ship I have crused on the QM2 on 4 occasions. usaully I leave extra tip above the gratuties that are included daily as I always feel odd on the last night just saying goodbye. I have heard that some people remove the included graduties at the beginning of the trip and then just tip in cash at the end. Any suggustions? we always have wine with dinner, so between the maitre D, wine steward and waiters it can get out of hang. any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This is always a contentious issue. Personally, we leave the automatic tips on for my wife and I, but remove them for my son. The amount that he would have been charged goes to the Nursery staff in cash, as they are not included in the divvying up of the auto tips.

I believe that the sommelier gets a good chunk of the 15% that is automatically added to your drinks purchases.

Other than that, we give a small extra tip to the steward and the two waiters.

Archived