Distillery and Beer tour

fedexpackage

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone gone on the Finest Blend of Barbados Tour that visits Mount Gay Rum distillery and Banks beer? Is this a good tour or a waste of time? Thanks Linda:)

This tour is offered by Holland America. I have similar questions. Does anyone know if this tour goes to the actual distillery up north or to the visitors center near the port? I believe the visitors center charges $6 and is a multimedia presentation with tasting. I saw where the brewery is also in downtown Bridgetown, so one could easily go by taxi from the visitors center, instead of paying the $49 pp HAL is asking for a 3 hour tour. But if they go to the actual distillery, it should be worth the price of the tour.

John

I have done the Mt Gay Rum tour twice, and it is in town. Very nice I did it once as a HAL tour and once on my own with a car and driver that we booked for an island tour.

It was of particular interest to me because they re use old bourbon barrels from Kentucky that they breakdown, ship and re assemble. I'm from Lexington KY and know a few people in the bourbon business. The day I was there they were re using Markers Mark barrels. In KY you can only use new oak barrels, so this is a form of recycling.

Martini Cruiser

I have done the Mt Gay Rum tour twice, and it is in town. Very nice I did it once as a HAL tour and once on my own with a car and driver that we booked for an island tour.

Martini Cruiser

Martini Cruiser, thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour.

John

Archived