Comparable cat to the Silvermoon in Barbados?

ohCanada

We will be stopping at Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We are a group of 28 that are looking for a family friendly private snorkel tour aboard a catamaran like the Silvermoon in Barbardos. We loved everything about the Silvermoon. Would anyone know if there is such a company in GC or Cozumel. Also, which island has better snorkeling? Thanks

I've never seen anything like the Silver Moon on Grand Cayman. Most boating excursions go to Sting Ray city and nearby reefs on a short excursion with no lunch nor drinks and every one I've seen is on motor boats. Once we met friends who were staying on the Island who arranged a small fishing boat which took us to Sting Ray City, nice nearby reef and dropped us off near Rum Point to go to a local restaurant for lunch, then picked us up for an afternoon snorkel. But it was on a small motorized fishing boat also used for small dive trips. Sorry but don't have the contact info handy - not a listed company.

If you do ever hear of a Silver Moon like catamaran day sail, I'd love to hear about it. Silver Moon is great.

Cayman has much nicer snorkeling. If it is your first time there I'd recommend one of the private sting Ray City trips recommended here like Captain Marvins or Captain Bryan. If you just want to snorkel walk to Eden Rock or go to Sunset House. Then do your lunch and drinks at a nearby waterfront restuarant.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I laughed when we read the original post. We also loved Silvermoon, and have been searching many sites to try to find one in Grand Cayman like Silvermoon... and haven't been able to find one! SIlvermoon included a great boat with room, not crowded, great lunch on the boat, snorkeling, and all the alcohol you could want. DOes anyone know of anything like that in Grand Cayman?

If someone has a larger group, maybe 6 or more, you could contact one of the companies in Cayman and ask if they, or someone they can refer you to, can do a private trip to Sting Ray and Snorkeling. We did that on a cruise stop with some friends who happened to be staying on the island that week. It was on a regular fishing/dive boat so not nearly as nice as the Silver Moon. They did not provide lunch nor food, but the people we were with had brought along some drinks. They took us to some wonderful uncrowded snorkeling spots where one of the crew guided us and dropped us off at rum point near some open air cafes that served lunch (not included) then picked us up for the return trip.

Not quite Silver Moon but a bit nicer than the typical sting ray city group cruise - although I still think for a first time visitor a morning excursion with Captain Marvins or Captain Bryan's regular group tour and a late lunch on 7 mile beach (ask them to drop you off at a good spot on the way back - they'll be glad to) is a really wonderful experiance.

isn't it funny how we all hold silvermoon as the gold standard....well i think i have the answer. while in the caymans we used NATIVEWAY for their RAYS REEF AND RUM POINT EXCURSION.... the people are awesome....the boat is immaculate....and while swimming with the turtles was cool ...just wait till you swim with the stingrays:)

then they take you snorkeling over a reef.....but by far the best part is RUM POINT.......while snorkeling....you are handed a menu with many delicious offerings for lunch. when you arrive at rum point....your luch is waiting for you.

let me tell you about rum point.......it looks like the beach from the corona beer commercials...absolutely gorgeous. i feel that if you loved silvermoon....you'll love NATIVEWAY

Archived