Butterfly Farm within walking distance in St Thomas?

Family-of-4

We will be cruising on the Magic Nov 8. The kids want to go to the butterfly farm located on the "Cruise Ship Dock, Havensight Mall" according to the butterfly farm's website. Will this be within walking distance from the ship or will we need to arrange some type of tour? Thanks in advance.

A few years ago we toured the butterfly farm but it was across the island across from Orient Beach. Definitely not walking distance. They may have movedr it since then. Havensight Mall is literally at the bottom of the gangway where the cruise ships berth. It's walking distance and if you're going to a bar, crawling distance back.

I think that they even have shuttles that circle the mall.

Does the Magic always dock at the pier now? I remember when we were there we had to tender in and the tender dropped you off in the middle of town near all the shops.

That would make a difference if you can walk to it or not.

We're on the Nov 8th cruise as well. My understanding is that we'll be tendering in. According to the research I've done, the butterfly farm is located within a few hundred yards of the docks.

Here's a link to a St. Thomas map: http://www.virginislandsmap.com/stthomas/index.html

If you click on the Havensight map you will see where cruise ships dock.

If you click on the Downtown map you will see a little sailboat along the bottom, the tenders usually dock on that area.

Here's a link to a St. Thomas map: http://www.virginislandsmap.com/stthomas/index.html

If you click on the Havensight map you will see where cruise ships dock.

If you click on the Downtown map you will see a little sailboat along the bottom, the tenders usually dock on that area.

Either way, it's a short ride to the other. I remember taking a bus from the Wharf to downtown and back again.

I was docked at St Thomas on RCCL Adventure of the Seas. We did a family excursion in the morning then in the afternoon I went off the ship to souveneir shop by myself. I walked over to the Havensight Mall area and passed the Butterfly farm. I didn't go in but it was at most a 10 minute walk from the ship.

A few years ago we toured the butterfly farm but it was across the island across from Orient Beach. Definitely not walking distance. They may have movedr it since then. Havensight Mall is literally at the bottom of the gangway where the cruise ships berth. It's walking distance and if you're going to a bar, crawling distance back.

I think that they even have shuttles that circle the mall.

The butterfly farm near Orient Beach is on St. Marten. The original poster referred to Havensight Mall, which is on St. Thomas. There are butterfly farms on both islands.

On St. Thomas the butterfly farm is literally right there at the cruise ship dock.

Archived