yet another obc question? help?!

teddygurl28

last week (oct 13) i saw the price of my cruise went down $60. not tons, but since thats what i had just paid to upgrade to a balcony aft cabin i figured i would call and see if i could get a credit for it and just even out my bill. My pvp said it wouldn't be an issue. I had paid in full so i assumed i would get an OBC, however he told me he would credit my credit card back, I just said okay thats fine. Well so far my credit card hasn't been credited yet and my e-docs havent shown an OBC either. However, today when i go online to carnival and i go under manage bookings it does have a place showing for misc. credits (which wasn't there before) The balance is still $0.00. I am wondering however does this mean they will be soon showing a $60.00 obc, rather than it going back on my credit card as my PVP said? I could care less, OBC is fine by me! im just wondering since its been almost 10 days since my conversation with him, i dont really want to call him and bug him again ( i have already called a million times-first to switch rooms a few times then about the price drop) any thoughts? should it show up eventually? has it been too long? not long ennough? :o help!

last week (oct 13) i saw the price of my cruise went down $60. not tons, but since thats what i had just paid to upgrade to a balcony aft cabin i figured i would call and see if i could get a credit for it and just even out my bill. My pvp said it wouldn't be an issue. I had paid in full so i assumed i would get an OBC, however he told me he would credit my credit card back, I just said okay thats fine. Well so far my credit card hasn't been credited yet and my e-docs havent shown an OBC either. However, today when i go online to carnival and i go under manage bookings it does have a place showing for misc. credits (which wasn't there before) The balance is still $0.00. I am wondering however does this mean they will be soon showing a $60.00 obc, rather than it going back on my credit card as my PVP said? I could care less, OBC is fine by me! im just wondering since its been almost 10 days since my conversation with him, i dont really want to call him and bug him again ( i have already called a million times-first to switch rooms a few times then about the price drop) any thoughts? should it show up eventually? has it been too long? not long ennough? :o help!

It kinda depends on when you're sailing... Beyond sixty days out they refund to your credit card unless specifically requested not to. Otherwise, it will show up as OBC...

Give your PVP a call and ask... That's what they're there for!!

:)

ah that makes sense then, im 123 days out, so it probably is going to my credit card like he originally said, and it probably just takes a few days for it to cycle through on there....ill wait a few more days then call again. i just booked all myexcursions today so im happpy again !!!1 :D thanks for your help!

Another poster called to request an OBC under the same circumstances and was told by her PVP and then another PVP that it was not allowed. She was informed that because she took the cabin upgrade/upsell at the discounted offer she was not eligible to receive the price adjustment. I would maybe considering calling to confirm they are apply the discount.

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted your situation!

I just called and got my very frist price drop & OBC :D, I'm getting $176!!! I thought it was going to be more but they had to charge me the going rate for the fuel charge which is more now than when we booked.

I'm surprised the give credits for bookings that have already passed final payment.

yes. i originally booked an 8e, then dropped to an 8c, then upgraded to an 8g. i paid $60 to upgrade to the 8g. about 3 days later the price of the 8g dropped $60. my pvp said it was no big deal and he was going to credit me the $60 to my card, but then i saw the area on my booking page for credits so i was wondering if i would end up with an obc, but my sail date is just around the 120 day mark. i figure it hasnt shown up on my card yet because the process takes longer

Archived