what to do in san juan on christmas day?

baggyparsnips

I have just been informed by RCCL that Explorer will not now be going to Tortola but will be docking at San Juan on xmas day. We have been to San Juan a few times now and have been to El Yunque, old san juan, fort etc. I wondered whether anyone has any ideas on what else we might do - bearing in mind it will be xmas day!

We may decide to stay on the ship.

Thanks everyone!:)

I think you may have to stay on the ship!

Of course you can always go to the beach, or walk the Pinones nature board walk.

But other than that, it is X-mas Day! The Cathedral will be having Mass, there will be people around, but I don't think much will be open ( forts, rainforest both closed).

I was really tired yesterday.....here are some other ideas...

Even though you have been to OSJ a few times before, it is still a lovely place just to walk around. At least just to get off the ship a bit and get some exercise.

We recently just spent some time looking at all the art work and sculptures around the place.

You might want to check with the Segway people. I assume they will want the day off, but they might be doing a couple tours.

You can head to the beaches- they will be open. Escambron is close,or the beaches by the hotels (a nice one is by the El San Juan Hotel).

There is also a ferry that goes from OSJ to Hato Rey. From there, you can walk along a board walk and enjoy the weather.

As night falls, OSJ will be all decked out in lights- very pretty to just stroll around and get in the spirit.

Archived