A Rental car (van) to travel to and from MCO to Cape Canaveral

Jennymc

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting a good deal on a van to rent from MCO to drive to Cape Canaveral and park at the Residence Inn then drive back to MCO after our 4 day cruise on the Wonder? I want to rent from 1/17 - 1/22. We went to the parks last October and I was able to get a van through Hertz for approxiamately $220 for a whole week. I'm getting prices closer to $400 for these 5 days. Any advice?

We (8 of us) just got back from a 4 day Wonder cruise. Getting all of us and all of our luggage from a hotel by the airport to the cruise and back was an issue for me. I finally settled on "Quickilver" transportation 12 passenger van. They picked us up at our hotel exactly at 10 am as promised in a spotless 12 passenger van with a car seat which we needed, which rental car places charge extra for. After the cruise, they arrived promptly at 8:30 a.m. to take us back to the airport, where we then rented a car for the rest of our stay at WDW. At $250, it was alot less that Disney Bus and about the same as renting 2 large cars, which is what we would have needed. I would highly recommend Quicksilver.

However, all of that said, if you need a rental car--go to www.mousesavers.com and check into their car rental discount codes. our mini van went from $80 a day to $39 aday with a simple code on their website (Dollar rental car).

Good luck!

Archived