yeah! The sale has been extended!

beyoung

I just got an email from our Travel agent. NCL has extended the on board credit sale until the end of the month! We were going back and forth whether to book hawaii for June 2010 and now that she is throwing in shore trips gift certificates too we decided what the heck- it's only $250 down and by 2010 the rates will surely be higher. So now I have three cruises planned and a ton of reading to do :)

It is most definately true- here is part of her email-

I just got out of our Revenue Driver Meeting and due to an overwhelming success; we have decided to extend our CLIA's World's Largest Cruise Night offer. See details below.

• CLIA'a World's Largest Cruise Night Offer - EXTENDED through 10/31!!!

o Offer: Double OBC up to $500 per stateroom PLUS Reduced Deposit

 $50 OBC Insides (N - II)

 $100 OBC (Ocean Views H - CC)

 $150 OBC Balconies (BE - BA)

 $200 OBC Mini Suites (AG - AF)

 $300 OBC Suites (AE - AB)

 $500 OBC Courtyard Villas, Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites, Garden Villas (AA - A1)

o Booking window: October 15, 2008 - October 30, 2008

o Applicable Destinations / Product: All Ships and Destinations of 5 or more days

I just got off the NCL website and the sale has not been extended. It may be the agency that is having a special itself and can only be booked through them. Unless NCL says otherwise, as of right now, it has not. :(

I just got off the phone with NCL and the agent told me the sale is going so well they have extended thru the end of the month. ;)

Crazy!

I just got off the phone with NCL and they told me that "a" sale will still be offered but there will be changes from what is offered today and what will be offered tmrw! If the price of my cruise goes down then yes they will honor that (still have not made final payment) but if the OBC also goes down then that will change also.

I guess it all depends on who you talk to.

according to my TA the offers are as I typed which is the same as today I belive, I think a lot of TA's just want people to panic and book today, I am lucky that mine is honest and gives me a real heads up. I may just book one more tomorrow since the deposit is so low, I really wanted to do Alaska too in 2010 but she said only hawaii is out for 2010, maybe I will pick one more for 2009, I mean with only 250 down I can book like two for the price of one. I just bet that the prices will go way up when the fuel charges are pulled so it seems logical to lock in early, although my husband may not agree with me depositing all over the place but heck they are refundable.:p

I just got off the phone with NCL and the agent told me the sale is going so well they have extended thru the end of the month. ;)

I also called NCL and I was just told by reservations that the sale ends today, and that a different sale will start tomorrow. I have already received the flyers for reduced prices for lots of sailings, but not every sailing.

I wish the left hand and the right hand would actually know what the other is doing! :cool:

Just talked to the online TA we've used a number of times. Her price for the cruise I'm looking at is slightly less, (hardly worth mentioning) becasue of the travel insurance. However, apparently her agency has not been notified that the sale has been extended and I need to book with her TODAY.

I know that if I decide to cancel for some reason (up to a certain date, of course) I would get my deposit back. My question is; what are the advantages of booking directly with NCL as opposed to a TA who has given us good service?:confused:

Just talked to the online TA we've used a number of times. Her price for the cruise I'm looking at is slightly less, (hardly worth mentioning) becasue of the travel insurance. However, apparently her agency has not been notified that the sale has been extended and I need to book with her TODAY.

I know that if I decide to cancel for some reason (up to a certain date, of course) I would get my deposit back. My question is; what are the advantages of booking directly with NCL as opposed to a TA who has given us good service?:confused:

In my opinion it depends on what your priorities are.

If money/price is the main priority, in my 8 cruises I have never recieved the best price from the cruiseline. So If you have a TA who you trust and he/she can get you a better price, I'd go with the TA.

For Example, I booked my 8/09 Gem Western Med cruise back in Aug 2008 (2 months ago). When I checked the price with NCL, the price was approximtely $1000.00 higher than my TA. In addition, since that time I've had an OBC added to that price for $300- so in esence my price is about $1300.00 less than NCL. By the way I've booked an AF Mini-suite for my family of 4.

On my previous 7 cruises, I've always found lower prices with my TA and On-Line agencies than the cruiseline. We have cruised with Carnival, NCL, HAL and Princess.

I'm sure there are other opinions out there.

According to my TA, the OBC special is no longer part of the sale. But, the 50% off the deposit is. And, the cruise we're looking at did go down; but not by much.

But, according to the NCL website, the exact sale that was on yesterday is still there (including OBC). So, who knows!

Just checked our cruise. Nothings changed. When would they have posted changes in their system?

Not sure, but our rate is still the same as well. Were not complaining however because we got the $300 OBC and was moved over for no extra cost froman AE suite on the 7 day NCL Star cruise sailing 1/10/09 to an AE suite the 10 day NCL Jewell cruise sailing on 1/9/09.

According to my TA, the OBC special is no longer part of the sale. But, the 50% off the deposit is. And, the cruise we're looking at did go down; but not by much.

But, according to the NCL website, the exact sale that was on yesterday is still there (including OBC). So, who knows!

They have extended the sale. It ends on 10/31 for all sailings 5 days or more through the end of 2009.

Not sure, but our rate is still the same as well. Were not complaining however because we got the $300 OBC and was moved over for no extra cost froman AE suite on the 7 day NCL Star cruise sailing 1/10/09 to an AE suite the 10 day NCL Jewell cruise sailing on 1/9/09.

Wow! I wouldn't be complaining at all then!! :) That's awesome!! We didn't get any OBC, well, supposedly we have $150 OBC that we didn't know about, but they cant send me proof? oh well :(

Wow! I wouldn't be complaining at all then!! :) That's awesome!! We didn't get any OBC, well, supposedly we have $150 OBC that we didn't know about, but they cant send me proof? oh well :(

We figured that this was probably a once in a life time type of thing so why not. This is our first cruise so we are very excited about this. It's a combo of a belated anniversary gift to each other and our Christmas gift all in one. It will give us a chance to get out of cold Chicago for atleast 11 days and warm up a bit.

It should be on your confirmation- my sister just booked this morning with my TA and got a confrimation from her that was from NCL and it was typed right on the confirmation by NCL 300.00 on board credit included- then there is writing on it by the TA saying $50.00 shore trips gift certificate to be purchased by TA in addition to cruise line offer.

They have extended the sale. It ends on 10/31 for all sailings 5 days or more through the end of 2009.

Talked to my Pcc this afternoon and she sad this sale is extended until the 31st, so i have time to plan my next cruise:D

Archived