pre cruise hotel for Summit in February

beyoung

I am trying to decide where to book our one night pre cruise hotel for our Feb. summit cruise, I have only changed planes in Puerto Rico so don't know a thing about it. I was thinking of old San Juan but don't have a clue what is a good hotel or not, TA is recommending the Marriot or the Embassy Suites but I read the Sheraton Old San Juan is nice. Is it really worth the extra money to stay there?

I am trying to decide where to book our one night pre cruise hotel for our Feb. summit cruise, I have only changed planes in Puerto Rico so don't know a thing about it. I was thinking of old San Juan but don't have a clue what is a good hotel or not, TA is recommending the Marriot or the Embassy Suites but I read the Sheraton Old San Juan is nice. Is it really worth the extra money to stay there?

We'll be staying at the Sheraton OSJ at the end of our trip - 11/2. I can report back once we return. I have read the good, bad and indifferent - but for us it's all about the location. If we are in OSJ we can come and go without cabs, etc.

We have stayed at the Marriott and it is lovely...just don't want to be in that area this time.

My sis is booked at the Clarion LeConsulat for April on a senior rate of $108 per night. It is closer to the Marriott than OSJ. Looks like a cute place and rates well on Trip Advisor.

Try Hotwire if you feel like doing the research - check out better bidding dot com and look where they give the list of pinned hotels. It is easy to figure out which hotel you're looking at. We got the Sheraton for $109 per night.:)

If you want to stay in the heart of Old Town, look up the Howard Johnson's. There are 2, but only one in Old Town. It is in a restored historic building overlooking the town square. From the outside you'd never even know it was a hotel. You can walk just about anywhere from there- lots of shops and restaurant the architecture is amazing. I understand that most rooms don't have windows, but we booked a balcony room which overlooks the square. If traffic and city noise bothers you then you may not like this room, but we left the balcony doors open and slept like a dream. We had such a great time there- it's a really cool building- clean and nice with friendly staff. It doesn't have amenities like a pool, but for the location and price we really enjoyed our stay there. It's not your typical HoJo's.

To me San Juan is just like any other big city, but Old San Juan is like going back in time. We felt very safe walking around day and night while there.

Archived