Debarking Paradise, Long Beach

loisgriffin

I am hoping one of you who frequents the short cruises on Carnival Paradise can help me out - how quickly can we disembark the ship and be on our way? I am trying to schedule a SuperShuttle pick-up to LAX for an 11:30 AM flight (yep - kind of early - will keep my fingers crossed) and need to give SuperShuttle a 15 minute window of when I can be ready to go. I know the ship gets in early, but how early will they allow passengers to leave? And how much time to get our luggage and stuff?

....maybe I should stick with a taxi.....hmmm..... :confused: and I think I will go check the airlines schedule to see when the next flight is.....

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

If you do self-debarkation, you can get out pretty quick. I've driven out of the parking structure as early as 7:45am.

You were smart to change your flight though as sometimes they have immigration inspections or other things that can possibly delay getting off and through customs.

I've never been later than 9:00 in all of my cruises.

I am hoping one of you who frequents the short cruises on Carnival Paradise can help me out - how quickly can we disembark the ship and be on our way? I am trying to schedule a SuperShuttle pick-up to LAX for an 11:30 AM flight (yep - kind of early - will keep my fingers crossed) and need to give SuperShuttle a 15 minute window of when I can be ready to go. I know the ship gets in early, but how early will they allow passengers to leave? And how much time to get our luggage and stuff?

....maybe I should stick with a taxi.....hmmm..... :confused: and I think I will go check the airlines schedule to see when the next flight is.....

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Just off the Paradise about week ago. Unless something completely messes up they'll start boarding at 11:30 am so you should be off in plenty of time. They called for the self debarks then groups 1 through 3 about 8am.

Problem was at the time, the dockworkers hadn't even started yet. So they held everyone else up. I had a medical debark, and we were on the road by 9:30...

Also keep in mind, they are renovating the terminal. Lots of construction debris and etc. I'm sure it'll have some impact on you just so you know.

On the last day at sea, the ship stopped dead in the water about 10 miles off Catalina for several hours.

The cruise on whole was much better than I expected.

Thanks again for the replies. I have decided to pass on scheduling SuperShuttle and go with Carnival's transfer back to LAX. Just in case anyone else is considering transportation options from the Port of Long Beach to LAX - here was my thought process...

I do think SuperShuttle is the cheapest option; however, there is no way to guarantee what time you would be able to disembark the ship. Since SuperShuttle requires you to identify a 15 minute pick up window, this no longer becomes an option.

I did some calculations on the cost of a taxi between the port and LAX, which I believe would run you around $80. Since there are three of us going, the cost is not too much; however, we would have to wait until we were through customs and have our luggage to call for the taxi - so no telling how long of a wait that could result in (could miss my flight).

Since our only reason on this trip to be in LA is for the cruise, it does not make since to rent a car and have to pay all of the parking expenses (plus the car and gas), so that option is out.

Which left Carnival's post-cruise transfer option . . . at $26/pp for a one-way transfer (and they get to stress about getting me to my flight in time) . . . I say SOLD!!! :D

Its always good to book a flight later like you did, 1pm is just right because often the ship could arrive late. Debarking off the Paradise is no problem, the problem is when Customs, thats where the hold up is. So plan to self disembark and wait in long lines until 8:30 - 9am

Fred

Archived