New Cruise Ticket Procedure

Cinderose

I always thought it was a huge waste of money receiving the old cruise ticket. When I got an e-docs from NCL a few years ago I said to myself why is carnival not doing this. It about time. If someone wants a paper ticket they should have to pay for it. The switch to e-docs must be saving Carnival millions which I like as a shareholder.

I always thought it was a huge waste of money receiving the old cruise ticket. When I got an e-docs from NCL a few years ago I said to myself why is carnival not doing this. It about time. If someone wants a paper ticket they should have to pay for it. The switch to e-docs must be saving Carnival millions which I like as a shareholder.

Oh good, another surcharge!

You should NOT have to pay extra for a ticket you have already paid for. Yeah I have internet and all that, but what if I dont have access for whatever reason. If I have to print my docs, then I should get a discount on my cruise fare as I am spending money on ink, paper, electricity to run the computer and printer, monthly access fees for internet service.

It would not be fair for any cruiseline to only have e-docs. It wouldnt be a smart business move either. That says if you dont have a computer you cant cruise ( not to me but to some it would ).

Tim

I am cruisin December 8 and haven't heard anything about it from my TA and I just talked to her Wednesday. I was going to do edoc's a couple of weeks ago and she told me not to, she would rather her clients get paper so that she can check them over before she sends them on to us. :)

If the TA was doing her job properly, she would check the confirmation she receives back from the cruiseline the day that the cruise is booked to be sure that the names are spelled correctly, as well as ship and sail date.

Of course with myself, I do have clients that are not computer savvy, so I get them on the phone, complete the fun pass for them, print it, then print their edocs and send them via snail mail. Always completed within 3 days of final payment being made.

We are trying the E-Docs for the first time this year. There is something exciting about opening the mailbox and seeing the big envelope from Carnival......hence the Doc Dance!

I guess this year we will watch the printer and do the Doc Dance!

Does anyone have a picture of what the paper documents look like? Would you be willing to share? I haven't ever had them. I like the convenience of e-docs; however, my next cruise in September I have the chance of having paper documents. It would be nice to see what they look like...

Anyone?

Just found out that we are not getting printed material in the mail, never really paid attention before. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get the docs to print online. I called the web tech support and found that carnival.com doesn't support firefox or safari. Once I switched to Explorer, the pdf file of docs came up no problem and I printed most of our seven pages. Very easy to do.

I've always hated waiting home for UPS to bring my paper docs and always wondered if they would get lost in the mail. Today I click and print, its that easy.

Fred

I have to agree with you. I prefer to get e-docs, that way I know I have everything I need and no waiting on the mail. I honestly don't understand why people get so excited over getting them.

We took the Emerald Princess TA in October and this is what Princess did. They sent a separate envelope containing luggage tags and all kinds of cruise-related information. The ticket itself was an edoc.

This is fine. This is what we routinely dod with airlines.

Ok so am I getting it correctly,

1. you need a computer

2. you need internet connection

3. you need explorer

4. you need to be able to sign on to the Carnival website

5. you need your booking number and have made final payment

6. you need a printer

One mess up in the chain and you are up the creek!

We are trying the E-Docs for the first time this year. There is something exciting about opening the mailbox and seeing the big envelope from Carnival......hence the Doc Dance!

I guess this year we will watch the printer and do the Doc Dance!

I printed out my e-docs a couple weeks ago. I wanted to get paper docs again, but I couldn't wait knowing they were just a few mouse clicks away. It just wasn't the same. :( Call me old school, but I liked getting that package in the mail. There was something about it that said the cruise was getting close. Can't explain it really. To each their own.

Ok so am I getting it correctly,

1. you need a computer

2. you need internet connection

3. you need explorer

4. you need to be able to sign on to the Carnival website

5. you need your booking number and have made final payment

6. you need a printer

One mess up in the chain and you are up the creek!

What they are lookin at though is so very few people now-a-days do not have access to a computer and printer.

Must just be Carnival's site not supported by Firefox though cause i have printed both NCL and RCI funpass's (dont know there terms for them :p ) with it before.

Archived