Recent reviews on Major Tom & Yhony

Bobug

We will be on the Valor in Feb. I am ready to book our cave tubing but wanted to ask for any recent info/reviews on either of these tour guides. Are they crowded? It would be nice to make a decision in the next few days.

Thanks for any info.

We will be on the Valor in Feb. I am ready to book our cave tubing but wanted to ask for any recent info/reviews on either of these tour guides. Are they crowded? It would be nice to make a decision in the next few days.

Thanks for any info.

Hello -

Just to try to answer your crowd question, if you are on the Valor the week of 2/15/09, so are we. Our party of 15 is booked with Yhony for an ATV/cabe tubing excursion, and I don't know how many people he takes. We've never been to Belize, but I have been very pleased with both Yhony's reviews and the way he has communicatred with me.

But, if you're interested, come join us, it'll be a blast! The ages range from 6 to forty-something, and we're certain to bring the fun back on the ship afterwards!

Best,

Alan K

Hello -

Just to try to answer your crowd question, if you are on the Valor the week of 2/15/09, so are we. Our party of 15 is booked with Yhony for an ATV/cabe tubing excursion, and I don't know how many people he takes. We've never been to Belize, but I have been very pleased with both Yhony's reviews and the way he has communicatred with me.

But, if you're interested, come join us, it'll be a blast! The ages range from 6 to forty-something, and we're certain to bring the fun back on the ship afterwards!

Best,

Alan K

Thanks for the invite but we are on the Valor on the 1st. It will be the second week of our back2back & definetly want to do the cave tubing...we have alot of beach & snorkeling tours lined up so we wanted something different.

Anyone got any recent info?

We have used Yhony twice, last year for cave tubing and this year for the ATV tour. Both times exceeded our expectations, he is courteous and well organized and runs a top notch business.

I can't remember specifically how many were in our group for the caves but it wasn't a lot and we had a great guide. They keep the groups small and never once were we concerned about our safety.

This year we did the ATV tour without the cave tubing and it was amazing! Not sure how it is if you do the combo tour, my thoughts are its a little shorter since you have to fit in both. I have a few pics in my review of the ATV'ing.

I would highly recommend Yhony :)

We have used Yhony twice, last year for cave tubing and this year for the ATV tour. Both times exceeded our expectations, he is courteous and well organized and runs a top notch business.

I can't remember specifically how many were in our group for the caves but it wasn't a lot and we had a great guide. They keep the groups small and never once were we concerned about our safety.

This year we did the ATV tour without the cave tubing and it was amazing! Not sure how it is if you do the combo tour, my thoughts are its a little shorter since you have to fit in both. I have a few pics in my review of the ATV'ing.

I would highly recommend Yhony :)

Thanks for the info....sounds like you had a great time. What month did you do the cave tubing?

I don't know if you consider 1.5 years ago recent, but we used Major Tom and were well pleased with what he provided for our group of 8 guests.....a very interesting and narrative ride to the park followed by a serious safety talk then an enlightening history of the Mayans while going thru the rain forest followed by the description of the rock formations while floating thru the caves. On the way back a great lunch and some cashew wine.... all in all a great tour for the price in our eyes.

Thanks for the info....sounds like you had a great time. What month did you do the cave tubing?

We did the caves in May :) The water wasn't high at all, we did a good amount of work to get through some areas. For our ATV tour a few weeks ago we found out once we were there it was their rainy season and boy had it been rainy.

We did the caves in May :) The water wasn't high at all, we did a good amount of work to get through some areas. For our ATV tour a few weeks ago we found out once we were there it was their rainy season and boy had it been rainy.

I don't mind doing a little work but would hate to battle the whole way through the caves.

Does anyone know if Feb. is the dry season?

We used Yhony one year ago to do a combo zip lining and cave tour. Since we were the only couple doing both we ended up with a private tour. The others on the bus did two caves and we did one so we were able to catch up with them at the end. We then stopped at Yhony's place and he insisted that everyone try the ATV's. Because I had a video camera he insisted that I ride with him. BIG MISTAKE, the guy is a maniac on an ATV. Boy was that fun!!!!!! Especially since he knew what he was doing. I came back a muddy mess. :-)

I don't mind doing a little work but would hate to battle the whole way through the caves.

Does anyone know if Feb. is the dry season?

There is a dry season and a rainy season each year in Belize. The dry season is when most tourists visit the country: from December through May. Rainy season lasts from June through November. It depends what the elevation is, but the levels of annual rainfall can vary enormously from area to area. For such a small country, we see great diversity in amounts of rain received. For example, in the Corozal District in the northern part of Belize, the average rainfall is about 50 inches per year. If you go south to Belize City, the average is up to 79 inches. If you go further south and a little east, to Punta Gorda, youg et 177 inches a year. In all regions, albeit less so in the mountainous areas, humidity is high. Conditions are moist and tropical. Belize City is warm all year round, with average temperatures at a pleasant 72 degrees in the dry season and up to 88 degrees in the rainy season. If you go up to Mountain Pine Redge, average low temperature drops to a cool 63 degrees F in December. :)

We used Major Tom during our recent Carnival Legend cruise and it was a totally awesome experience. Safety is #1, and always in the forefront of the guides throughout the entire tour. I was ready to go again right away and I am not a swimmer nor do I particularly enjoy caves but this experience was one of the main highlights of our cruise! Major Tom and the Fun Team ROCK!!! :D :D

Bobug,I am booked on the Feb 1 . valor cruise also.I have been to belize before and know people that used Major Tom before and they had a blast.I was to have tubed last Feb in belize with MT but i broke my foot in Ft Lauderdale the morning we were getting on our cruise ship and spent the week on crutches so i had to email him from the ship and cancel the tour with him.A good friend of mine used him also and they are going back next year and will use Major Tom again.I booked with him the day after i booked my cruise for Feb 1st..He will get back to you very fast. We would be on the same tour.

Email him and book and let him know I said to put us on the bus?? LOL Mention the guy from Canada with the broken foot from last winter and he will know who you are talking about!! HA HA

He is a great guy and the best cave tour comapny!! Thesawch

Archived