I need help from someone in Tampa

loveshack

Hi All -

Well, I am in single digits - YEAH!!!

I need some advice from fellow CC'ers that live in the Tampa area. We are booked with Comfort Inn (DH has bookoo points) on East Busch Blvd. I know there is another one around the airport, I think on Dale Mabry. The reason we chose this one is that we can leave our car there while we are gone. The other one on Dale Mabry will charge $5 a day, (which is still pretty cheap).

My question - if we leave our vehicle at the one on East Busch Blvd, is that a good area or would the one on Dale Mabry be better? I realize you take a chance anywhere, but wanted to try and be more cautious.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Hi, personally I wouldn't leave my car in that neighborhood. I would rather pay the port fees and know my car will be there when I return.

Dale mabry is slightly better location if you still want to leave it there.

Hope this helps, Cindy

I have to agree with all the above....E Busch is not a great area. IMO I would pay the fee also and leave it in the secured lot at the port. BTW....I believe Tampa has the cheapest parking of any cruise port in Fl.

DEFINATELY leave it at the port,,,it's 12.00 a day,,,,sixty bucks if you're going on the 5 night Inspiration,,,,

I live about 20 minutes from Tampa, and frankly, I'm taking a limo,,,leaving my car at home,,,

although with a teenager with a brand new drivers license at home,,,that worries me too:D Holly

PS,,,one more thought,,,if you MUST leave it at the hotel,,,,,,ask the Front desk nicely if you can leave it somewhere they can keep an eye on it, like up front by the office!!! I work at a hotel, and I do it all the time for people,,,have the clerk leave a note for the other clerks though,,,and they may request you leave the keys so that they can move it,,,you may want to call ahead and see if this is possible,,,speak to the front desk manager,,,,we are often very nice poeple though,,,Holly

Hi All -

My question - if we leave our vehicle at the one on East Busch Blvd, is that a good area or would the one on Dale Mabry be better? I realize you take a chance anywhere, but wanted to try and be more cautious.

The other option is one of the hotels that offers parking and transportation to the cruise port free with one night's stay.

http://www.parksleepfly.com/subpages/hotel_select_info.php4?dropSelect=true&airportID=TPA&referredBy=TWBD

Click on cruiseport hotel and parking

Thank you to everyone. I didn't realize what area this was when I booked and for some reason, I thought about it this morning!

We are just going to park at the port. I would much rather be safe than sorry!

PS - I've moved our booking to the Dale Mabray hotel. I feel better now!!

Again - THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Thank you to everyone. I didn't realize what area this was when I booked and for some reason, I thought about it this morning!

We are just going to park at the port. I would much rather be safe than sorry!

PS - I've moved our booking to the Dale Mabray hotel. I feel better now!!

Again - THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I think that's your best bet,,,and the port of Tampa is very easy to drive to,,,,,Tampa's not a tough city to drive in :) I believe for an extra 15 bucks you can get valet service,,,and THEY park your car and have it ready for you in a snap when you get off,,,,lots of people have said it's worth it,,,,,

Holly

Hi All -

Well, I am in single digits - YEAH!!!

I need some advice from fellow CC'ers that live in the Tampa area. We are booked with Comfort Inn (DH has bookoo points) on East Busch Blvd. I know there is another one around the airport, I think on Dale Mabry. The reason we chose this one is that we can leave our car there while we are gone. The other one on Dale Mabry will charge $5 a day, (which is still pretty cheap).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

No...this is NOT a good area. Stay on Dale Mabry and pay the $5.....Or park at the port for $12...

If the Com. Inn on East Busch has an enclosed lot--which I don't remember-- leave your car there. But, that is not a very good area. I'd be very cautious if I were you. I lived in Tampa for 10 years and not too far from that area. I'm not happy with what I've seen there recently.

I believe the Tampa Port parking went up to $14 per day on October 1st. they do offer Valet Parking for a couple bucks per day extra.

The parking garage is just across thes treet from the Cruise Terminal Entrance. Drive into the Cruise Terminal drop-off, drop bags and a couple bucks per bag with the porter, drive out and a few hundred feet on left is Parking Garafge - use the entrance marked Cruise Parking. You pay in advance.

I have to agree with all the above....E Busch is not a great area. IMO I would pay the fee also and leave it in the secured lot at the port. BTW....I believe Tampa has the cheapest parking of any cruise port in Fl.

how much per day? That is one question I haven't asked this cruise.

Archived