Need help figuring this one out..

SCGirl

My in-laws are going on a cruise with our entire family.

They have thier own cabin and both have purchased the cruise insurance.

However, my father-in-law may not be able to go now due to medical reasons.

Even if he can't go, she will still go....

What happens to my mother in law. Does she get stuck with paying for the entire cabin?

His insurence would kick in and pay for his part, wouldn't it? Then would RC turn around and make her pay for the entire cabin since she is alone?

We are so confused and need to make a decision this weekend. Any advice? I can't call RC as I didn't book directly through them and my TA is not in until Monday and I doubt anyway he cares enough to find out!

Thanks for any help..

Call the insurance company - right away. They will be able to tell you and they will probably cover the costs of his share of the cabin and flight ticket. You can still call RCL direct. They are the service provider and should be happy to answer any customer questions directly. Yor MIL will still have to pay for he share of the cabin and airline tickets. Good luck....

Disney Magic 01/10/04

Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

Don't be too surprised if RCI defers to the TA on this one.

You may have to wait until your TA is in. TheWog is probably right as to dispostion -- your mother will "pay" full amount -- she will be reimbursed by the insurance (it would seem). I hope you have a wonderful cruise, in spite of this change in your family plans.

Bookit

Yes, we have all paid in full. We leave 5 weeks tomorrow. I actually called my TA yesterday and he said, let's talk about this a couple of weeks ahead of time. My family said no, we need to make a decision, ASAP so we can know how to procced with plans..

My MIL is fine with paying the entire amount as she is not missing this trip, however, if she doesn't have to, why do it? For some reason, we just thought she would have to.. I am still at a loss.. I was thinking of calling RC directly, however, I didn't want to play pass the buck all day, you know? Thanks

Sorry, I had some errands to run and forgot to check your answer before leaving.

With insurance, as I understand it, your FIL will get his portion of the cruise back as long as his condition was not pre existing. If it was pre existing, did he have that type of insurance taken out?

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Hi I was told by Travel Agent, if my friend has to cancel for medical or emergency,i would have to pay full price for two people even though you have insurance. You could fine someone to go in room with her. I hope this helps.

cool cruiser

SCGirl

I think you are completely right your FIL will get his money back from insurance, but RCCL will make your MIL pay for the entire cabin. She has to pay the single fare I think. it might be a little less because of port charges and taxes but it´s almost 200% I guess. So with the money from insurance she will come out plus/minus 0. (just counting Money and not in consideration of her ill husband)

First pics of the undocking of the Jewel of the Seas:

http://community.webshots.com/album/125049819TVWuuS

Jewel of the Seas left Meyerwerft Shipyard

See Photos of River Ems passage

http://community.webshots.com/album/131001309cIkOdH

Jewel of the Seas - 05/28/04 Scandinavia / Russia / Baltic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;05;28;7;20;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Jewel of the Seas - 09/28/04 Canada / New England

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;09;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

09/2003 - Legend of the Seas Hawaii

06/2003 - Norwegian Dawn Florida and Bahamas

2002 - MS Columbus - Cruise to nowhere

2001 - Grandeur of the Seas Mediterranean and Transatlantic

2000 - Splendour of the Seas Transatlantic

2000 - Viking Star on the Danube River

1999 - Vision of the Seas Panamacanal cruise

1998 - Vision of the Seas Transatlantic

1997 - Crystal Symphonie to Mexican Riviera

1996 - Delta Queen on the Mississippi

1995 - Legend of the Seas to Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCGirl:

My in-laws are going on a cruise with our entire family.

They have thier own cabin and both have purchased the cruise insurance.

However, my father-in-law may not be able to go now due to medical reasons.

Even if he can't go, she will still go....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many other family members are going? Do any of them have 3 staying in a cabin? If so, move the third to your MIL's cabin (even if it's just on paper). This might save you some money.

Good luck!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Thanks everyone-

Yes a new TA will be for next time-

I did call RC as that is who is providing the insurence-

Looks like we can possibly get the single supplement. We have no other options as in others moving to her cabin. Hopefully this will work out-

Archived