Ziplines

Amy S.

We will be on the Emerald 10 days leaving Feb. 8, 2009 visiting Antigua, Dominica, Barbados, St. Thomas, St. Kitts. My husband would love to go on an excursion which includes a zipline tour. Does anyone have experience with both Princess and/or doing this thru a private tour? Any opinions on which island would be best for doing this?

Thanks! Amy

We did a zipline excursion through Princess last year when we were in Costa Rica. It was one of the most thrilling experiences we have ever had. We are both in our sixties and were worried about age being a factor. Not at all! There was a 75 year old lady in our group. Be prepared to do a lot of screaming! lol! We both loved it, and would do it again in a flash. It was very safe, and we were well taken care of.

Do this, definitely!!! Very fun and I'm not athletic :rolleyes:

But I'd do it somewhere other than Antigua if I were you. The beaches there are truly spectacular; and the interior isn't that great. It seems like it would be a shame to waste that potential beach time on that island....well depending probably a little where you live and how often you have the chance to enjoy it.

We did it through Princess on St. Lucia, which I see is not a stop for you. It was great; not much more than on our own and there were no worries or watch looking all day. St. Lucia was perfect because the canopy is so beautiful there. I don't know where all it is offered on your itinerary.

Have a good cruise! :)

We did it in Costa Rica and would do it again; we also are in our late 60's. We did it through the ship. If you choose to do it with a private tour I suggest you check very closely how they rig people up and the equipment they use and the experience of their employees. I have never read details of how it happened, but there was an accident with a lady at one zipline that was fatal. There is a wide variety of equipment used and the way the cables are attached and quality of leaders. We did a ships tour as it was our first time and wanted to be sure of the safety aspects; knowing that Princess would have selected a company with a good reputation.

I agree with FredS about going through Princess. I also heard about the death of a woman who went with an independent. We had very secure equipment, and were double hooked. I have to admit, I did a bit of tree hugging when I was on the stand waiting for my turn. We were at tree top level! It was truly beautiful and very, very, exciting!

Archived