Baggage Question

djr88

I always print the tags, but wait to affix them until the morning of sailing. As well, I don't bother paying to laminate...I just use a small bit of shipping tape and do a sort of self-lamination, reinforcing the part that goes around the handle of my luggage, as well as the tab part with the room information.

I agree with Big Duck..you print them..What we have done is gone to Your local office depot(starts with an S ends with and S) and got them laminated.It cost me 7.00 for 14 tags( 2 families)

Or better yet, we get packing tape and tape the front and back of the tags, trim off the excess and use a hole puncher to punch hole in the corners and attach them to our luggege with the plastic loopy lugguge tag holders. Voila!!!;)

I would print out your luggage tags before hand, and I always put on my luggage tags at home, before flying out to the port. That way if the airlines loose my luggage (God forbid), they know where the bags are supposed to go. Once or twice my tags were torn off by the time I picked up my bags at the airport, so I bring a few extra along with my other documents.

Why the question? You print out the tags, fold them as per instructions and packing tape them and attach them at home. You DON"T want to be doing tags in the madhouse that is luggage drop off. If you have a problem printing out your tags switch to Internet Explorer and they will print fine.

Dan

Why the question? You print out the tags, fold them as per instructions and packing tape them and attach them at home. You DON"T want to be doing tags in the madhouse that is luggage drop off. If you have a problem printing out your tags switch to Internet Explorer and they will print fine.

Dan

Thanks for your input, but as I said, I will attatch the tags the morning of the cruise, from my hotel room. Why would I want to take a chance of having the tags ripped/torn from the airlines the day before.

Thanks for your input, but as I said, I will attatch the tags the morning of the cruise, from my hotel room. Why would I want to take a chance of having the tags ripped/torn from the airlines the day before.

I have flown over 2000 times [business and a little pleasure] and taken 50 cruises. ALL bags always checked, NEVER had a tag torn off. Back in the old business days, I used to leave the tags on the handles until the handles looked like paper porcupines. Bags always showed up at the right place even tho that was begging for trouble.

Different worry priorities.

Dan

Archived