Muzak Petition - please help.

GrimWheel

I will send the outcome of this thread to Cunard as evidence that none of us want Muzak. Grimwheel is going to be Grim indeed in May if his QV trip is blighted by Muzak.

I've restricted the wording to "corridors or on deck" as I think these are the areas of most annoyance, and I think there is wider variation of opinion about other public spaces.

I suspect, given the wide variation of experiences by reponders to my first thread, that there is no company policy here, and that it's down to somebody (?who) on board to play or not to play muzak. Lets make some company policy !

"We, the undersigned, would like to express our objection to the un- solicited playing of prerecorded music of any kind in ship corridors or on deck."

Thankyou for your support.

I will send the outcome of this thread to Cunard as evidence that none of us want Muzak. Grimwheel is going to be Grim indeed in May if his QV trip is blighted by Muzak.

I've restricted the wording to "corridors or on deck" as I think these are the areas of most annoyance, and I think there is wider variation of opinion about other public spaces.

I suspect, given the wide variation of experiences by reponders to my first thread, that there is no company policy here, and that it's down to somebody (?who) on board to play or not to play muzak. Lets make some company policy !

"We, the undersigned, would like to express our objection to the un- solicited playing of prerecorded music of any kind in ship corridors or on deck."

How do we go about helping? Do we place our name on the petition,, or our call name? I really would like to sign the petition because I feel very strongly about the aesthetics of the Cunard ships.

Thanks. Just post a reply with a few words of agreement hopefully ! This board doesn't seem to have a "poll" feature so LOTS of one liner (or more if you want) replies will do nicely, and I'll tot them up and send the whole thread to Ms Marlow (or similar) with a polite letter.

The Cunard ships are known for elegance and sophistication. In order for the Cunard ships to maintain that aesthetic value and appeal, I firmly believe that any music on the ship's corridors and decks should be limited to live music, appropriate to the occasion. Prerecorded music is not necessary to entertain the Cunard passengers--the ship's own wonderful sounds are far more entertaining and appealing.

Very truly,

Gail (The Real PM)

We were on the tandem TA on the QM2 Oct 16 and never heard piped music in the hallways OR on the open deck? I'm sure I would have heard it if it was there!!!

However we had dinner in Todd English and they played "My Funny Valentine" incessantly in a loop. Only one time did they play a different song and that was "We wish you a Merry Christmas"!!! But I can honestly say THAT is the only place we heard piped music!!!

Hi Real PM. How goes it!!!

Jayne

While we were on QM2 in the Med this June they played terrible music all day in the inside pool.The same CD was played over and over again all day.

How many times can you listen to the Grease soundtrack?

It was awful. I say we do not need background music in these places.

We were on the tandem TA on the QM2 Oct 16 and never heard piped music in the hallways OR on the open deck? I'm sure I would have heard it if it was there!!!

However we had dinner in Todd English and they played "My Funny Valentine" incessantly in a loop. Only one time did they play a different song and that was "We wish you a Merry Christmas"!!! But I can honestly say THAT is the only place we heard piped music!!!

Hi Real PM. How goes it!!!

Jayne

Jayne,

Please, E-mail and tell me all about you crossing.

Gail

Good Luck, GrimWheel, all should be with you on this one. This dreadful 'musak' demeans musicians, ruins the cruise atmosphere and has a pejorative effect on civilised conversation. One would have hoped that Cunard knew better - but one begins to wonder!

Foxy

PS. What's this GrimWheel business?

Its in memory of QE2. Two passive props trailing her driven screws, fell off I think and not replaced. Supposed to improve efficiency I think.

Hello GrimWheel,

I am just wondering if there would be more response if you started a poll? First, if I remember the last one correctly, it is placed at the top of the threads, so it is easily seen. It might be worth a try!:)

Gail

Archived