Cabin location question

ChristinaMarie

Hi! I am about to book my first cruise in Jan. to the Bahamas 4 nights on the Sky. We are getting a balcony cabin. They are offering me either a BB or BC cabin. The BB cabin is on the deck right under the pool deck, the BC cabin is the deck below the BB deck. I have heard people complaining about loud banging noises coming from the deck above when they stay on the deck under the pool so I am wondering if I should book BC? They are both the same price, which incidentally went up $50 pp after their "upgrade" this weekend :( Guess thats what I get for waiting. I was actually going to book yesterday. Anyway, which deck would you recommend? Thanks in advance!!!

Hi! I am about to book my first cruise in Jan. to the Bahamas 4 nights on the Sky. We are getting a balcony cabin. They are offering me either a BB or BC cabin. The BB cabin is on the deck right under the pool deck, the BC cabin is the deck below the BB deck. I have heard people complaining about loud banging noises coming from the deck above when they stay on the deck under the pool so I am wondering if I should book BC? They are both the same price, which incidentally went up $50 pp after their "upgrade" this weekend :( Guess thats what I get for waiting. I was actually going to book yesterday. Anyway, which deck would you recommend? Thanks in advance!!!

I always try to avoid being under noisy public areas. Although the pool is not open at night, the crew might be working up there, moving around chairs, cleaning, etc. Good luck deciding:)

I always try to avoid being under noisy public areas. Although the pool is not open at night, the crew might be working up there, moving around chairs, cleaning, etc. Good luck deciding:)

and the crew always usually start cleaning at 3 or 4 am.

Be wary of large, white, empty spaces that you see on the ship's floor plans. One of those, on the Star, turned out to be the "crews disco" which went until 2-3 am every morning -- now we try to examine floor plans VERY CLOSELY -- and it we don't know what a space is we call the cruise line!

Be wary of large, white, empty spaces that you see on the ship's floor plans. One of those, on the Star, turned out to be the "crews disco" which went until 2-3 am every morning -- now we try to examine floor plans VERY CLOSELY -- and it we don't know what a space is we call the cruise line!

That is excellent advice and a good idea to call the cruise line if you're not sure.

Our friends were going to book a "bargain" until I pointed out that there was a huge space beside them. Turned out it was the ship's laundry. Now that would have been a washed-up trip! lol

That is excellent advice and a good idea to call the cruise line if you're not sure.

Our friends were going to book a "bargain" until I pointed out that there was a huge space beside them. Turned out it was the ship's laundry. Now that would have been a washed-up trip! lol

On my last cruise, my cabin had blank space above, below, and on both sides! I posted the cabin number here and people who had stayed in that cabin assured me it was quiet! Luckily, they were right! To the OP, if you have specific cabins you are looking at, you might want to post the numbers here and see if anyone has stayed in them:)

Archived