Anybody do the "30 Day Shred" workout here?

*Sass*

The 30 Day Shred parts 1, 2 and 3 was designed by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser. It is a short, but hard workout. I completed my Day 5 yesterday and I can feel it becoming easier as I do it. It will cause pain in the quadraceps and triceps for the first few days, but you have to keep doing the workouts to get passed that pain. Her workout is setup like this...

3 mins of strength

2 mins of cardio

1 mins of abs

Simple!!!

Anyway, I hope I'm not the only one here who's trying it out. :( Anybody else with me? I you have cable television you can find Jillian's workouts On Demand in the Exercise TV section.

I watched the 2nd part of it yesterday. It was rather scary. :eek: LoL. I saw it on ON DEMAND, but not sure that I saw the 1st part. I'll go back and look today, if the 1st parts on there, I'll give it a shot!

I'll be on Day 10 of Level 1 tomorrow. I may need to go back and do three more days since I missed three nights of the Shred because I was on vacation this weekend. I will attempt to do Level 2 after Day 10 and if I struggle too much I'll go back and make up those three day of Level 1 I missed. I just need to complete things that I start so I'm going to go ahead and do the shred. When I'm done with the whole thing I'll do it again and then after that I'll add in Turbo Jam to it.

My DH & I have been doing 30 Day Shred for about 3 weeks now. Read about it on here and ordered the video.

We "hated her" for the first couple of weeks, but stuck with it daily.

DH found Level 2 hurt his back b/c there was too much twisting, and I thought it really had more cardio than strength so went back to level 1, and it remains a good workout.

Squats and lunges absolutely left me crippled for the first while, but I can do them so much easier now! Even though I am sweating like crazy when done, I feel I need to add something to it for a longer/harder workout....or maybe it's time to check out level 3! :eek:

As for results, I am stronger. After 10 day of Level 1 I was able to do modified pushups correctly. I continued level one for another 10 days and then moved onto Level 2 because I was just not ready for Level 2. I am able to do minimal un-modified pushups with no problem now.

I'm still trying to build up a tolerance for the cardio. Jumping high really bums me out because I feel my weight jumping up with me and coming down doesn't feel so good. Anyway, it's working out.

Archived