Aft Balcony cabins on the Sky? Worth the price?

ChristinaMarie

I don't know about recent cruises, but we were in an aft balcony on the Sky in August and didn't have any problems with odor in our cabin. It was our first cruise, and for the record, we're hooked, not only on cruising, but also on Aft balconies. I can hardly wait to compare our aft minisuite on the Jewel in January with our Sky balcony!

We were on a 3-night that went into Nassau and the arrival was beautiful from the aft cabin and we were able to enjoy morning sun bathing on our balcony. The only thing I didn't like was that due to the rake of the aft of the ship, our balcony was not as private as I would have liked. Otherwise, that morning was definitely a highlight of the trip.

ee

I came across some that are available today... is it worth the slight increase in price? I hear there is an odor around that area? Is there a difference in anything besides the view? Thanks again!

We were in an aft cabin back 2 back 3 & 4 day, we has a an odar in the bathroom but was tolerable and contained to that room. Would I book this room or an aft cabin YES!

WE are just back from 4 day sky; Oct 20-24th in aft balcony #9276. Never once noitced an odor ANY where on the ship, including our room. We loved the balcony and aft. WE can't compare to other balconies as this was our first cruise, but we'd mostly likley book an aft again. Our room steward was amazing also.

I'd say go for it!

WE are just back from 4 day sky; Oct 20-24th in aft balcony #9276. Never once noitced an odor ANY where on the ship, including our room. We loved the balcony and aft. WE can't compare to other balconies as this was our first cruise, but we'd mostly likley book an aft again. Our room steward was amazing also.

I'd say go for it!

We stayed in #9276 also, back in August. We found that there weren't any odor issues in the cabin at all, but there was surely an issue in the hallway around the corner and near the stairwell. Sounds like they have corrected the situation. That being said, we really liked the AFT cabin. The aft cabins give you a more private feeling since there are only a few cabins on each side of you.

The only problem we had was that during our first cruise we stayed in a mini-suite on the Pearl. This made the Sky AFT BA feel a bit small; we booked another mini-suite for our Dawn cruise in February because of that. If you haven't been in a bigger cabin, then the aft balcony will be fine and quite enjoyable. If you have been in bigger cabins, it might seem a bit on the cramped side. It wasn't that bad, but I really missed the space offered by the mini-suite.

I'd agree with tallgibb and go for it. The views and the sounds of the water are really worth it.

JRinBalt

I came across some that are available today... is it worth the slight increase in price? I hear there is an odor around that area? Is there a difference in anything besides the view? Thanks again!

We also had an AFT balcony on the Sky (10/24 - 10/27). Thankfully, no smells to report! We were on the viking deck (8th) and I would recommend being higher up as others could watch us on our balcony. No complaints, though, and it was definately worth it!

Archived