Weather in August? and teens?

I am considering a cruise that will take us to St. Johns and Halifax in August and would love feedback on what the weather is like then. I really want to cruise next summer but prices are steep (as everyone knows). The cruises to Canada are a little less expensive but I'm not sure if the "feel" would be the same. Is it hot enough to lay at the pool?

Also, for those with teenagers....did they have a good time? For some reason cruising to Canada doesnt seem as much for kids/teens as for us more adult people - lol!! Do you have anything particular that your teens enjoy on shore that you might share with me?

Thanks!

I am considering a cruise that will take us to St. Johns and Halifax in August and would love feedback on what the weather is like then. I really want to cruise next summer but prices are steep (as everyone knows). The cruises to Canada are a little less expensive but I'm not sure if the "feel" would be the same. Is it hot enough to lay at the pool?

Also, for those with teenagers....did they have a good time? For some reason cruising to Canada doesnt seem as much for kids/teens as for us more adult people - lol!! Do you have anything particular that your teens enjoy on shore that you might share with me?

Thanks!

I am guessing you mean Saint John, New Brunswick and not St. John's, Newfoundland.

In August it is usually in the high 70's during the day, unless it is foggy when it will be in the 60's. It would be warm enough to lie by the pool in port but the sea temperatures will be cooler so on sea days you would want the sheltered pool. The wind can be very cool at sea in August.

If you take shore excursions that go inland, away from the sea, the temps will be in the 80's.

The temperatures in Halifax are very similar to those in Saint John.

In reply to what teens might enjoy onshore, the City of Saint John has just opened a lovely new skateboard park located just at the head of Long Wharf, by the underpass.

Teens also love the jetboat thrill rides through the Reversing Falls.

If your teens are into hiking, walking the perimeter of the Irving Nature Park (about 2 hours) is a great hike with lots of lovely water views.

Archived