Bringing canned drinks aboard?

Logistically, how do you check soda and water? Do you just wrap them with clear packing tape to reinforce seams and/or plastic?

Can you put them in a cardboard box and tape this or will they open it to see what is inside?

Not trying to smuggle, just want to bring a few mixers for my wine and champagne purchase. I am hypoglycemic and should not mix with those sugary mixers them have. Figured if I bring my own SF juice/mixers I can enjoy my drinks without making myself sick.

In your case, yes, I would pack the mixers into a box, seal it and check it. If they want to open it and question you then just tell them what you told us.

For the soda, personally, I would suitcase that item in your checked luggage. For the water I would reinforce with clear packing tape, slap room info on it, and check.

i thought we were going to do water / diet soda- now after speaking with our friends about what brand they will want its changed to me= 6 pac d. mtn dew, dh = 6 pac reg mtn dew and our friends = energy drink.....- so it will be interesting to see how we can bundle this up and put a luggage tag on it...lol

Like alcohol, there is plenty of soda and water available for purchase.

RCCL uses Coke products – so to the OP – no need to carry your own. Also - the tap water tastes good.

M

We just came off a cruise and we brought onboard both a 6pack of water and a 12pack of diet coke w/lime. The reason for bringing it onboard yourself(if you can manage) is that the price for 1 soda onboard is around $2 plus a 15% tip!!!

Like one poster said, we had our cabin steward take all the items out of the frig and place them in a cabinet above the television. That way, YOUR soda's can stay cold!!!

Logistically, how do you check soda and water? Do you just wrap them with clear packing tape to reinforce seams and/or plastic?

Can you put them in a cardboard box and tape this or will they open it to see what is inside?

Not trying to smuggle, just want to bring a few mixers for my wine and champagne purchase. I am hypoglycemic and should not mix with those sugary mixers them have. Figured if I bring my own SF juice/mixers I can enjoy my drinks without making myself sick.

Our first cruise we took a case of water. Just put a luggage tag on it. On our second cruise we used a rolling soft sided cooler for wine,(HAL lets you bring your own) soda and water and put a luggage tag on it.

Archived