Can you walk on with a bottle of wine?

pocoehonda

I don't like when charges are made at someones discretion. This smacks of unfairness. If there is a charge it should be levied or otherwise do away with it. One table shouldn't have this fee and the next table over doesn't.

I agree. And when I've brought a bottle to the dining room, I've handed it to the waiter with my S&S card. And if they don't charge me, I remind them...

I don't like when charges are made at someones discretion. This smacks of unfairness. If there is a charge it should be levied or otherwise do away with it. One table shouldn't have this fee and the next table over doesn't.

If it makes you feel any better, I have ALWAYS been charged corkage, except when I brought a bottle purchased through bon voyage.

I think corkage fees are stupid. Why let us bring on our own wine and then charge to open it in the restaurant?

I am having a fruit basket with a bottle of wine sent to our cabin. Will they charge me for that in the restaurant??

Simple, they make money from it. If you bring your own, they do not make anything. Note that this applies to the DR only, if you consume it elsewhere, there is no corkage charged of course.

You should not be charged for wine purchased through bon voyage. Bring your receipt in case they need proof, but they took my word for it.

Simple, they make money from it. If you bring your own, they do not make anything. Note that this applies to the DR only, if you consume it elsewhere, there is no corkage charged of course.

You should not be charged for wine purchased through bon voyage. Bring your receipt in case they need proof, but they took my word for it.

And this is better than NCL, where they charge you a corkage fee just for bringing the wine on board, whether you consume it in the dining room or in your stateroom!

I think corkage fees are stupid. Why let us bring on our own wine and then charge to open it in the restaurant?

I stopped expecting all of the charges to make sense a long time ago. I figure that if they charge it, I pay it. Or else I go without... That's all I really need to understand...

Land restaurants that allow wine to be brought in (most don't) also charge corkage.

Think about it. If they serve wine and you bring your own' date=' don't you think they should make 'something' for allowing you to bring your own? Cruise lines are no different.:rolleyes: [/b']

........If there is a fee structure then everybody should pay it.

Life isn't always fair, Pickle. Just go w/the flow. I've learned that if you can't do anything about a situation, just let it go. Life's 'way too short to worry about the petty stuff.:D

:p I understand the corkage fees' date=' I just think they are stupid!

I have never had to pay a corkage fee in a restaurant that allows you to bring your own wine, but those restaurants do not have a liquor license so there is no "conflict of interest".[/quote']

Really? A lot of restaurants - including ones that don't have liquor licenses, but also ones that do - charge corkage. You're using their stemware that they have to wash.

I have no problem with a nominal corkage fee, and I think Carnival's is awfully reasonable. Celebrity charges $25, and I think that's highway robbery!

Carnival's policy prohibits bringing alcoholic beverages including wine onboard at port calls. The procedure is to collect the bottles as you reboard and deliver them to cabins on the final night of the cruise.

With that said actual experience is quite another matter. We have encountered everything from strict enforcement by aggressive security, to nothing at all. On our last cruise I brought a case of Steinlager beer onboard in Maui. Security asked if it was beer, I said yes and they waived me on. :D

As always with carnival, YMMV. ;)

Beyond the response to the Op, that yes you can actually carry your bottle of wine on board, this is by far the best response. The one thing I've learned as pointed out is how different scenerios play out for different people. I found a bottle of Arbor Mist wine that I love in Nassau and purchased it. I bought a bottle hoping that I'd be allowed to bring it on without having it taken. It was our last night of the cruise and we were in Nassau. I walked on with it in my bag and they picked it up on xray and asked if I had alcohol. I said yes and that it was a bottle of wine for dinner that evening. The security guy smiled and told me to enjoy my dinner. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the next time I tried to bring alcohol back on that I was sent to the "naughty" table :)

How much is the corkage fee on CCL?

I've never brought wine onboard, but I have bristled at how much they charged my DW for her Beringers at dinner. Brining our own sounds appealing!

A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

If pocoehonda hits cotton over the head with a bottle of wine in the DR and the cork pops out, will poco have to pay corkage? :D

Is this the new game of Clue???:eek:

Poco did it in the Dinning Room with a bottle of wine, or did Cotton do it in her suite with a Cork Screw???;)

Archived